Widow of the Black

Parkerman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The picture came out under exposed.. I did my best through photoshop and lightroom to overcome the underexposure of the image but that also brought out a good bit of noise. The image is also near a 100% crop of it.

The shot was at night.. And when I took the picture the Black Widow didn't seem to happy so I didn't give it another go. Was hard to focus.. Had my phone out trying to cast some light onto it so the camera could focus on the spider.

DSC_2948.jpg

I used my new Nikkor 60mm macro with a home made ring light.

Very nice. Would you care to share details of your home made ring?

Ahhhhh... <runs out of the room screaming like a schoolgirl>

Hehe, nice image! I would do a noise removal and maybe sharpen it up a bit tho. Well done!

Last edited:
Very nice. Would you care to share details of your home made ring?

Ill get pictures of it and explain it later. I currently don't have a way to have my flash off camera, no cord or wireless trigger... So i had to rig up a way to transfer the flash from my flash mounted on my camera to the ring light.

Basicaly, its a bunch of card board and an old work light.. Heh. Im still not 100% done with it.. When I am I'll post some pictures up.

Ahhhhh... <runs out of the room screaming like a schoolgirl>

Hehe, nice image! I would do a noise removal and sharpen it up a bit tho. Well done!

Yea, I agree on the noise... I tried doing it in photoshop... But apparently I'm not the greatest at it.. So i just let it slide.. lol. If you would like to give it a shot or something feel free. I wont mind.

I did. And I ended up liking the original just as much or more. That's a difficult image to edit! I tried allot of different things on it too.

I did. And I ended up liking the original just as much or more. That's a difficult image to edit! I tried allot of different things on it too.

Yea, like i said.. Alot of it was brought out by trying to make up for the under exposed parts of it.. heh.

Yes indeed! I could get the noise out ok but then the BG looked funny - and no matter what I tried to sharpen up little miss widow it barely improved leaving basically just a funny looking BG and less overall subject isolation. :(

i love black widows i just had a eggsack open up for me last week yes i know i'm weird

hatchlingblackwidows.jpg

Whoa! Careful... Won't the little ones kill ya if they break skin?

Whoa! Careful... Won't the little ones kill ya if they break skin?

Nah its very very very rare people die from widow bites just some swelling and alot pain involved in the bit :)

This thread is really creeping me out! A big black widow asking for my blood, and now a bunch of little ones to crawl in my ear and nose!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back