What's new

Wife Pregnancy Portraits

Joined
Aug 24, 2013
Messages
476
Reaction score
122
Location
Qatar
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So finally came out of my shell to try my hand at a few portraits and who better to model than my heavly pregnant wife. Feed back would be highly appreciated, I am not overly happy with a them but they are my first attempts at this sort of photography so am trying to not beat myself up too much. I have an idea where I went wrong but would love to find out what every one else thinks.
EQUIPMENT: D3200, two SB700's and a SB400. 700's had tiny soft boxes over them

Thanks $Kim 1.webp$Kim 2.webp$Kim 3.webp$Kim 4.webp$Kim 5.webp$Kim 6.webp$Kim 7.webp$Kim 8.webp$Kim 9.webp$Kim 10.webp
 
I like the 5th one the best where she's looking off to the side because I think that's nicely framed. When she's looking down and you were straight in front or at a lower level her hair's hanging in her face; from the side it falls so you see her face better. The ones I don't think work are where she seems to be floating in midair against all yellow - I think using the existing room background works better. I think a solid color top would work better because the stripes in clothing aren't straight and make for some odd lines. I like her facial expression when she smiles.

You might think about what perspective and vantage points worked best. In some you got some harsh shadows and those would be better lit differently.
 
I like the 5th one the best where she's looking off to the side because I think that's nicely framed. When she's looking down and you were straight in front or at a lower level her hair's hanging in her face; from the side it falls so you see her face better. The ones I don't think work are where she seems to be floating in midair against all yellow - I think using the existing room background works better. I think a solid color top would work better because the stripes in clothing aren't straight and make for some odd lines. I like her facial expression when she smiles.

You might think about what perspective and vantage points worked best. In some you got some harsh shadows and those would be better lit differently.

Have to say you said what I thought. 5,7,8 are my favorites of this set managed to convince the wife to have another set this coming weekend. The ones with the nasty yellow background were just post edit experiments that I couldn't figure out if I was being over critical or it simply just didn't work back to the RAW files for those.
Thanks for the honest comments.

Gareth
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom