What's new

Wild Pigeon

ChefPO

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 24, 2012
Messages
20
Reaction score
1
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Wasn't sure if this belonged in the Nature & Wildlife Gallery. ;)

Can you show me how to darken the background to lessen the streaky look?

$Due    .webp
 
Did you annoy the chef? I think he spat in your dinner!
 
i saw this image and was embarrassed to speak out my real feeling.....now forkie made me speak out... the froth makes the food looks offensive...please don't feel bad...after all you only clicked at it; if it was your preparation too, i beg your pardon :guilty:
 
Don't be embarrassed to write out your real feelings...I have seen your photographs Frequency... and they are fantastic, so I am hoping you could assist me editing this photo. In your last shot of:

IMG_0814,dark,sm

you darkened the background, how is this done?
And ...how could that same background be applied while highlighting the light shining down on the pigeon?
Hopefully you could overlook the content of the photo and write about the technique.
 
Oh, no.... i am your worst option, in any technical matter.... regarding that image..., true that was an image shot in sunshine... i just made some adjustments in the picasa and then sharpened in photoshop... but i am not a good instructor...

But there are so many experts who would help you achieve the result you needed; let us wait and see how they guide :D

Regards :D
 
Darkened background, slight saturation bump and slight sharpening.

$Due-1.webp
 
EDL, could you add some steam/vapour? i attmepted, but was not successful ;)

Regards :D
 
EDL,

This is excellent! May you answer this next question? What did you use to darken the background, and how did you do it?
Thank you for taking the time to do that. I appreciate this incredibly.
 
One method that would work to darken the background is to use the burn tool with it set for shadows, it will burn everything that's in the dark area in this image.
 
this certainly wasn't what I was expecting, I would also suggest a slight crop as there is quite a bit of dead space above the bird, and some what to the sides. I'm also assuming that you're the chief who prepared the bird. Exactly what is all that foam? It really doesn't look that appealing. Then again, I'm what one would call a Meat & Potatoes kind of buy.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom