Wildlife and Nature frustration!

Atrawick1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love photographing wildlife and nature. In Lower Alabama it's hard. Hard to get access to woods or ponds. How many get bored of the same birds and squirrels? I normally take my camera everywhere I go. Just incase I see something while driving. Anybody in the boat?

Howdy and welcome! SE AL seems to have a dearth of places to go, doesn't it? How far are you from FL or GA? It seems like there are numerous opportunities there. SW AL also seems to have opportunities. You can visit stepoutside.org and search for places near your location, or you can use an app like AllTrails that will show you places nearby that can be anything from a neighborhood walk to a trail through a small wildlife area or a state or national park, although it seems the national parks are more on the west side of AL and up north.

I take a camera everywhere I go, you just never know what you may see. Good luck with your wildlife photography..

I take a camera everywhere I go, you just never know what you may see. Good luck with your wildlife photography..
Unless I'm going to shoot something I know is there, I only take my Panosonic ZS 100 in it's belt pouch. Then I find something to return for, next trip the DSLR goes. Of course if I'm going very far then the DSLR come's long in it's bag. To be honest though I should probably throw the DSLR in the car all the time. Doesn't take up that much room and quicker to get back to what I want to.

I might, if you are on Facebook, see if there is a local Audubon group that you can follow or bird/wildlife groups. I know many folks don't care for FB and I'm not the biggest fan either, but I'm there now mostly for the groups that I can get info from. Also, parks might surprise you, especially those with lakes/ponds. I do a bit in my yard too but live rural. Best of luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back