Bryan Pereira

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.exposuretours.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Leopards are amazing to watch when they are looking for prey. I caught this one on the way back to camp around 20 minutes after sunset. I could barely see her without the use of the camera. They are immensely muscular, she moved with her entire body less then an inch from the ground, keeping a low profile. she eventually disappeared into total darkness. Not a great shot but wanted to share as a good demonstration of Nikon low light capability. The upright shot is a little earlier at around 12,000 iso included so you have a better idea of her form

Nikon D810, 380mm f4 1/320 iso 20,000

leopard 20k cbp.jpg
leopard up 20k cbp.jpg

20,000 iso, wow! Who'd a thunk it.

Canon shooters be like....

"Not that impressive"

20k yikes

playing with FF again CoastalConn ?

Wow... I think I'm gonna give that a try.... Great stuff you guys... Was there a lot of noise reduction needed in post...?

Nice shots......I need to be willing to up my ISO more I guess.

Dave

20k yikes

playing with FF again CoastalConn ?
That was from the good ol' days when I shot Nikon. The 1d4 is kind of in between at a 1.3x camera. Not sure what they call it other than APS-H
Wow... I think I'm gonna give that a try.... Great stuff you guys... Was there a lot of noise reduction needed in post...?
They key is ETTR at the higher ISO. If you are underexposed at all forget about it. I always use background NR on almost all of my images...

Nice shots Bryan - the second one is my favourite. Technology just continues to give us better and better capabilities. I remember shooting at ISO5000 and 10,000 within a Masai hut in Kenya and boy was I pleasantly surprised at the outcome. I am off to Namibia in about three weeks, so I will have to remember to push the 1D X where necessary.

WesternGuy

I'm impressed! Some beautiful shots at such a high ISO. Wish I could pull this off with my 70'ds!

At 20,000, that's not ISO it's nightvision!!!:aiwebs_016: Cool shot! :)

Canon EOS-1DX
ISO 100-51200Extension
settable: ISO 50; 102,400 and 204,800

Nikon D4s
ISO 100 – 25,600
Lo-1 (ISO 50) Hi-4 (ISO 409,600)

Both of these are very impressive!
I would love to test both of these myself, so if one of you will send me $13,000 I will buy them both and tell you what I think. So who is going to send me the money???:801::lol:

Most reactions

Back