What's new

Wildlife Photos

sapper6fd

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 5, 2010
Messages
211
Reaction score
27
Location
Calgary AB
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got out this past weekend to take some shots of wildlife. This was the first time I've had the chance to get some great shots, and found quite a bit everywhere I went. Lucky day I guess. The only thing I dont like about these shots is the location. most of them (with the exception of the Bull Elk) were found on the roads. Unfortunatly they became part of the photo.

Thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • $178538_10151850924875162_451754813_o.webp
    $178538_10151850924875162_451754813_o.webp
    492.8 KB · Views: 69
  • $178746_10151850925095162_409444161_o.webp
    $178746_10151850925095162_409444161_o.webp
    120.1 KB · Views: 70
  • $287840_10151850924440162_267158564_o.webp
    $287840_10151850924440162_267158564_o.webp
    367.8 KB · Views: 59
  • $336090_10151850924650162_1528155910_o.webp
    $336090_10151850924650162_1528155910_o.webp
    266.8 KB · Views: 80
  • $411932_10151850925590162_27542931_o.webp
    $411932_10151850925590162_27542931_o.webp
    258 KB · Views: 70
you are right.. the road kills the shots. Even with the Elk, the railroad tracks behind him kill the shot... especially since they intersect with the Elk across the entire width of his body.
 
Wow..... look at how fat that elk is, he'll loose about half that weight come rutting season.
 
you are right.. the road kills the shots. Even with the Elk, the railroad tracks behind him kill the shot... especially since they intersect with the Elk across the entire width of his body.

I wanted to move to the other side of that elk, but there were a few others that were grazing within a few feet. It could possibly have turned into a painful situation...

Wow..... look at how fat that elk is, he'll loose about half that weight come rutting season.

Thats what I thought as well. When I saw him all I could think was "A few miles to the east and your fair game buddy. I could stock my freezer for months with you" Hahahaha
 
Wildlife is not easy! I have been trying to get a decent moose shot for years... I have had nice bulls within ten feet of me (and I had my camera on a tripod with a UWA.... setup for landscape!). I have been within 40 feet of some cows and calves (and didn't want to get any closer, believe me! lol!) but they stayed in / behind deep brush.. no decent shots. Had a HUGE bull out in a meadow a couple of years ago.. about 100 yards out.. and all I had at the time was a 50mm on a friends borrowed camera. One of these DAYS! lol!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom