Wile E Coyote on the hunt

You most definitely understand everything about wildlife photography, love the comp. especially. Great set and job.

Love them.

I love getting out in snowy weather, and this makes it so much better. Well spotted and shot.

Really nice. I see them a lot where I live. Lots of farmers have chickens and they apparently like them. Not uncommon for the farmers to have a donkey or two, apparently they keep the coyote away. The ones by me look pretty mangy, I've never seen one so beautiful as yours.

Really nice. I see them a lot where I live. Lots of farmers have chickens and they apparently like them. Not uncommon for the farmers to have a donkey or two, apparently they keep the coyote away. The ones by me look pretty mangy, I've never seen one so beautiful as yours.

Coyotes 101 – CoyoteSmart

“Eastern coyote DNA reveals that, as coyotes spread through southern Canada, they occasionally interbred with the wolves they encountered. As a result, our eastern coyotes are larger than their western counterparts. With a typical weight of 30-50 pounds and a length of 48-60 inches (nose to tail), they can sometimes reach twice the size of their more diminutive relatives.”

Thanks. We have what seems like a few in every neighborhood around here

Love those photos! We are a little short on snow for the season here and missing some of those great moments to capture. I live in the next town below yours MSnowy and I have a small farm with no shortage of livestock and thusly I have no shortage of this relatively new hybrid called Coywolf.

Meet the Coywolf | A Field Guide to the Coywolf | Nature | PBS

Apparently, coyotes in the northeast are all gone. The only photos I get of coywolves are grainy ones on the game cameras around the property. Hate to admit it but I if I am looking through a lens at coywolves on the farm it's with a scope and not a camera lens in case I need to protect the animals we have. The last time my dog chased a single one out, he chased it right into the rest of the pack deep in the woods. He came out with a couple of nicks and cuts but otherwise just fine.

The only ones I see that dare to come close to people are the pups trying to investigate out of curiosity. Never had an adult even try, so they are not terribly aggressive which makes for a safe photo subject.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back