Will [canon camera] still work if we put ?

Depends, I'd try and keep your camera away from extreme temperatures. Also some Canon cameras are weather sealed and some not. I have a rain sleive to cover my camera in heavy rain. But working temperatures of the rebel series are 32-104°F

In addition to what Weepete said, even if the camera is weather-sealed that doesn't mean that the lens is. Nor does it mean that the fitting between camera body and lens is watertight. Unless the lens has an o-ring to seal that joint water can still get in there.

Those temperatures don't seem tooooo bad, but with cold, battery will die quickly.

Like @SCraig said, you need to make sure that both the body and the lens are weather resistant/weather sealed.

My Olympus combo in the below image is weather resistant, and I have no qualms about it being in the rain or snow. Granted, I still protect it the best I can, but I don't mind if it gets a little wet or cold.

Olympus Ice Hike by Wade, on Flickr

Used mine in up to +140, -50 and pretty heavy rain (with a cover)

If you use common sense you'll be fine. If you expect one of the lowest tier camera models to be weather proof, it'll be an expensive lesson.

Last edited:
-in a car 100 degree
- snow -0 degree C
- rain

With some common sense care, cameras of every make have gone through deserts, arctic regions, tropics, etc. Stock up on thermal bags, silica get packs, etc, and be ready for anything.

Most reactions

Back