Will Canon ever release a crop sensor with 1080p60 that's not the 7D Mark II?

runnah, I currently have a 7D which obviously does 1080p 30fps. I actually use after effects timewarp to get the slow motion effect (does the same as Twixtor), but I've found 60fps works a whole lot better when using something like Twixtor or Timewarp. There are much less artifacts from the effect.

Sometimes I wish I had bought into Nikon when I started shooting :( I might look at purchasing a cheap Nikon (maybe the 3300) and a 50mm just for the 60fps capabilities.

runnah, I currently have a 7D which obviously does 1080p 30fps. I actually use after effects timewarp to get the slow motion effect (does the same as Twixtor), but I've found 60fps works a whole lot better when using something like Twixtor or Timewarp. There are much less artifacts from the effect.

Sometimes I wish I had bought into Nikon when I started shooting :(

Sure 60fps is nice but it does take a lot of horse power to process that much data. The processors in DSLRs are catching up to their bigger brothers but there is a very good reason why dedicated video cameras are much bigger. More room for processing power. Be patient and wait for the next batch of Canon's to come out.

If you shoot mostly video then you are better off having stuck with Canon. Nikon is slowly catching up to the current gen Canons but I am willing to bet once Canon comes out with the new 5D they will again be miles ahead.

To answer your original question yes Canon will enable this option at some point but at what cost.

The D5300 does 1080p @ 60fps and has a better articulating screen for video over the D750 -- plus it costs signficantly less than the 7DmII.
Oh I think you are right, forgot about the D5300 and D5500.
This option might not be what OP is looking for but it is a viable option.

To answer your original question yes Canon will enable this option at some point but at what cost.

Yeah, I'm not too concerned with the cost, and like I said, the 7D Mark II already does it, but I'm looking for something with an articulating screen.

Yeah, I'm not too concerned with the cost, and like I said, the 7D Mark II already does it, but I'm looking for something with an articulating screen.

I would be surprised if the 5D mk IV had an articulating screen on it.

Since you are looking for an articulating screen, look at using your cell phone as a external display with DSLRController

The D5300 does 1080p @ 60fps and has a better articulating screen for video over the D750 -- plus it costs signficantly less than the 7DmII.
Oh I think you are right, forgot about the D5300 and D5500..

is that what nikon is at now? i cant keep up.

LOL, I hear ya, they keep recycling nearly same DX camera over and over again, very little changed since the D5200, few tweaks here, few tweaks there but its basically same camera.

LOL, I hear ya, they keep recycling nearly same DX camera over and over again, very little changed since the D5200, few tweaks here, few tweaks there but its basically same camera.

I wouldn't say that's entirely true. From what I know, the 5200 didn't have 60fps full HD, the 5300 does. That's a pretty big improvement from a video perspective IMO.

I wouldn't say that's entirely true. From what I know, the 5200 didn't have 60fps full HD, the 5300 does. That's a pretty big improvement from a video perspective IMO.
Obviously there is small upgrades but nothing substantial, they cant produce exactly same camera, they need to make something justify a new model.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back