Will my kit be complete?

Also just a thought, That radio shutter release seems kinda pricey for what it is, For the same price I got some Yongnuo Rf602's off of Ebay, one transmitter and two receivers, they work as a wireless shutter release system and I have the added ability to be able to trigger 2 flashes wirelessly as well. Something to keep in mind for future upgrades.

alright so I am ordering everything today :)

Camera body and first memory card are already shipped and on the way!

Today I am ordering everything that was listed in the last list of stuff I posted except that I changed the memory card (the one that was recommended at the top of this page was a few bucks cheaper) ;)

Yay! I will have my WHOLE system by Wednesday or Thursday!

Did you order a tripod yet? One thing I meant to mention is that you should get a tripod with a ball head, that's going to make lining your shots up ten times easier than with a pan head. Also, make sure to get a tripod with a ball head that can do portrait orientation shots, the tripod I'm using right now is a $100 manfrotto and it's ball head but it doesn't do landscape, which is extremely annoying. You might want to think about doing something like getting the legs and head separately which is what I plan on doing. Something like this http://www.adorama.com/BG055XPROB.html?searchinfo=*055XPROB* and this http://www.adorama.com/BG322RC2.html?searchinfo=*322RC2*. The middle bar on those legs can be turned down to the side so that you can do portrait orientation or so you can get closer to the ground for macro shots, it also has 2 clips per leg as opposed to the 4 of cheaper models, which is really helpful for getting your tripod set up for quick wildlife shots. That head is also going to support a zoom lens for whenever you choose to get one, a cheaper ball head will not, mine doesn't.

thanks for the suggestion! I am not ordering a tripod yet because I haven't gotten my full tax return yet... I just got state back today which was around $400 and my order with adorama is $330... So I am holding off on the tripod until I get my federal taxes back and after I get my bills paid that need to be paid and get my car taken care of... It needs 2 tires and breaks... joy! lol

I noticed in your signature that you said you're not familiar with settings yet. I'd say one more thing that would make for a great resource for you would be the book "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. That will teach you everything you need to know about settings, a must read for beginners, and it's only $17 on amazon.

decado - I did consider getting the book.. I have so much going on with school right now that I don't have time to read anything else! I am taking statistics right now... March 8th I will be starting a half semester philosophy class... I will probably skip the summer semester this year and will pick the book up in May maybe... Right now I need to get myself off this forum at night and get my nose in my statistics book and get moving on that! I am starting to fall behind! :( lol

I also wanted to update: All of my kit has been shipped as of today and will be arriving between Tuesday and Thursday :) I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Oh, and my first picture will be a "grr" face for MrRamonG :) mwahah lol

decado - I did consider getting the book.. I have so much going on with school right now that I don't have time to read anything else! I am taking statistics right now... March 8th I will be starting a half semester philosophy class... I will probably skip the summer semester this year and will pick the book up in May maybe... Right now I need to get myself off this forum at night and get my nose in my statistics book and get moving on that! I am starting to fall behind! :( lol

I also wanted to update: All of my kit has been shipped as of today and will be arriving between Tuesday and Thursday :) I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Oh, and my first picture will be a "grr" face for MrRamonG :) mwahah lol
Well it's a pretty short read and it's good to have just as a reference, so that when you're fiddling around with settings you can look up what those settings mean.

Well I will say that if you really get into photography heavily, your kit will never be complete. :lol:

Ain't that the truth, I've spent around 2.5k and don't see any end in sight.

Ditch the battery grip and put the money towards a good tripod, why do you think you need a battery grip ? most only buy them to make their camera look pro level because it doesn't take much to change a batery you probably won't even use up one battery a day unless you go mad

I think it depends on the size of your hands and the feel of the camera with or without. Personally I find it awkward to use my bodies without grips now - just got too used to them.

The grip also helps to have a balanced feel to the set-up when using bigger lenses.

Most reactions

Back