Will There Be Cheap (semi-toy) Camcorders Coming?

VidThreeNorth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Lately (I think Jan 23?) there was a new KPop music video (a little over 5 min long) released called "Love wins all" and one of the key props is a small, old style "pocket camcorder". I was thinking that Sony in particular could make a new version of this camcorder and release it, and I think it would sell.

I am attaching a picture of a similar camcorder which is about the same size and configuration.

The music video is at:
""

Attachments

• P1020601a-rsz1600-C1.JPG
    P1020601a-rsz1600-C1.JPG
    294.5 KB · Views: 5
The point is that the Music Video is "trending" through a good chunk of the world and the "pocket camera" in that video is a featured prop. That means all the young teens (including the girls) would want to be able to buy a copy of that camera -- if they can. But that camera is long gone. I think it looks around 8 years old or around that period. But if Sony came out with a modern version that looked the part and was reasonably affordable, they could make money selling them. Would they do it? I don't know. . . .

GoPro comes to mind or the Insta360 is even smaller like a cell phone

The point is that the Music Video is "trending" through a good chunk of the world and the "pocket camera" in that video is a featured prop. That means all the young teens (including the girls) would want to be able to buy a copy of that camera -- if they can. But that camera is long gone. I think it looks around 8 years old or around that period. But if Sony came out with a modern version that looked the part and was reasonably affordable, they could make money selling them. Would they do it? I don't know. . . .
Assumption being, of course, that anyone actually paid any attention to it...Doubt it will prompt a stampede of bat$hit crazy influencers to stoke demand like Kendall Jenner et al did for the Contax T2 in 2017-18. All that "film is authentic" blather around the T2 kited prices for a celeb cult lifestyle prop.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back