Will this lens work with a digital camera?

photographyfanatic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.thephotographyfanatic.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there. I recently sold a Canon Zoom Telephoto Lens EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM that originally went with my Canon Rebel SLR. It was clearly represented as a lens for a 35mm film camera, but could also be used on a digital body. The person who bought it is trying to tell me that it doesn't work on a digital body. I think they are trying to pull the wool over my eyes. Does someone know which is true? Would it work right on a Canon digital body ? With adapter? Any links that clearly points out that this could in fact be used on a digital body would be excellent!!! Thanks!

All Canon EF lenses will work with all Canon EOS cameras, digital or film.

So that lens can be used on a digital body, it just has to be a Canon EOS (all of their SLR models).

Not sure why it doesnt work.

ask him what camera he has... maybe he is a dummy and he has a Nikon.

Thank you very much for posting that, but I I am missing where it says that it can be used on a digital Canon. I will need to specifically point that out to this guy.

I don't think it's actually written out any clearer...the spec page for that lens, is in the EOS section of Canon's web site.
Ergo, that lens is meant to be used with EOS cameras.

They don't exactly come right out with what you're asking for, but I found this:

Canon said:
Canon EOS Digital SLR cameras are compatible with more than 60 Genuine Canon EF/EF-S lenses offering unmatched performance. Canon continues to innovate, introducing new lenses with specialized elements, coatings and built-in Optical Image Stabilizers that raise performance standards across the board.

Canon U.S.A. : EOS System

*Edit: In the case of Nikon lenses, it's usually specifically noted (at least on the B&H website) if a particular lens will NOT work (i.e., partial or total loss of functionality) on a particular body or generation of bodies.

See I need something to send him because he doesn't seem to get it!!! Ugh! So I need something that breaks it down on a level that a child would understand I guess! Now you can get my frustration with the matter. This person also informed me how no one shoots with film any more! LOL! Oh really? So you see I am not dealing with the typical educated photographer.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink...or so the saying goes.

If this duffus doesn't want to believe you, he won't.

I recently used this model Canon lens on my T1i. It's date-coded December, 1987. It's an EF 70-210mm f/4 lens. It worked fine. This was the first EF telephoto zoom lens Canon made, as far as I know. If this works on digital, yours certainly will.

canon-ef-70-210mm-f4.jpg

All Canon EF lenses work on all Canon EOS cameras, SLR or DSLR. How much simpler could it be?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back