Will you accept it (5)

iBats

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So thinking of doing a semi-romatic prom proposal with the heart shaped flower photo "Was out photographing beauty in nature, I came across this and it reminded me of you" kinda thing.

Anyway 5 shots from today, what do you think?

4504269402_1bda9be5e3.jpg

4503637183_54e08b42a0.jpg

4504269596_5e69ff9ffe.jpg

4503637489_c30691fd63.jpg

4504269678_63f60e28c2.jpg

I like all of them, but for asking someone to prom, my favorite is the last one! It definitely looks like two hearts, and the pink against green is really bold!

Cross 1-3 off your list. 1 is a great shot, but you lost focus in the bottom of the frame... too small of an aperture... 2 and 3 are boring, either way, none of those shots are going to get you laid. 4 and 5 have potential, but if you are going to use them as pickup lines...you need to make sure that the subject has meaning.... Specifically, make certain she sees what you see.

If I were you, I'd take #4 and crop out the single flower in the center... It would clearly represent a "heart", and she would be sure to pick up on it. Just make sure she doesn't see the other two flowers in that shot.... They look WAYYYYYYY too much like vaginas (oops, did I say that out loud)

Good luck! And remember:

Don't be silly, protect your willy
Cover you stump before you hump
Before you attack her, wrap your whacker.

Last edited:
I really like number one and four. Number one looks all lonely and cute, and number four is pretty cool.

I think you should go with the first one, its really cute.

Cross 1-3 off your list. 1 is a great shot, but you lost focus in the bottom of the frame... too small of an aperture... 2 and 3 are boring, either way, none of those shots are going to get you laid. 4 and 5 have potential, but if you are going to use them as pickup lines...you need to make sure that the subject has meaning.... Specifically, make certain she sees what you see.

If I were you, I'd take #4 and crop out the single flower in the center... It would clearly represent a "heart", and she would be sure to pick up on it. Just make sure she doesn't see the other two flowers in that shot.... They look WAYYYYYYY too much like vaginas (oops, did I say that out loud)

Good luck! And remember:

lol whut

Common, lets cut through the BS.... the only reason you are trying to be "romantic" is because you want your willy to get wet.

I, as well as many others here (including the women), have been there done that.

Do you want a critique on your photography, or do you want to know how to make your prom a "memerable" experience?

Good luck! And remember:

After reading this, I have no doubt that there is a village somewhere that has lost something. Grow up little boy!!!!

Good luck! And remember:

Bout as real as it gets! We don't grow up, we just get older, bigger (and still play with our toys (not that meaning, you know, cameras and whatnot)).

Common, lets cut through the BS.... the only reason you are trying to be "romantic" is because you want your willy to get wet.

I, as well as many others here (including the women), have been there done that.

Do you want a critique on your photography, or do you want to know how to make your prom a "memerable" experience?

critique on my photos would be nice, also, im not an ahole so i dont really go for the trickery ****

I like the color in all of them, but feel the composition is weak. I seem to be saying this alot, but I think it is a valid criticism: in the first photo, half of the frame includes blurry sand. That doesn't seem like a good use of the frame. Was there a better way to frame the shot? Why did you choose to orient the camera vertically instead of horizontally (which seems like a natural choice given the subject)?

im not going to lie i laughed. but i do understand that you want this to be about the pictures and not about a joke.

as for the pictures. i like one and four. more four

The first thing that springs to mind is: why are they all so "milky" in appearance, so lacking in contrasts? Was this done on purpose? If so, why?

And please help a poor, old European understand: these photos are supposed to be made into "prom proposals"? Is this a kind of invitation card to a dance? As such, is the photo only part of it and will the invitation (as text) be added to it (which may account for the amount of empty space)? I'm really curious to hear more about these cards.

You know, such "prom proposals" are as new and unknown to me, as "senior portraits" were when I first came to TPF: we don't HAVE such things here! So I cannot (couldn't) know them.

I don't care for the first two. They just do nothing for me. Sort of a snapshot of a flower. The third appears overexposed and the fourth looks a little soft to me. Try shooting them again with a little different composition and check your lighting. Just my 2 cents.

critique on my photos would be nice, also, im not an ahole so i dont really go for the trickery ****

You didn't ask for a crituque on your photos... You asked if any of those pictures would get you a date to prom. If you aren't into "trickery" then why are you trying to use a picture to get a date?

Anyway, since you have asked for a critque of your photos, I'll refer you back to my first post when I ciritiqued your photos. Cross 1-3 off, #1 could be a great shot, but I don't like the use of the small aperture and the shallow depth of field. The use of the shallow DOF doesn't work here because it isn't singling out the subject, horizontally there is still a lot of backgroud. Besides, the background isn't so distracting that puting it out of focus helps the shot. 2 and 3 are boring. 4 and 5 have potential. Not sure which I like better.

tomhooper said:
After reading this, I have no doubt that there is a village somewhere that has lost something. Grow up little boy!!!!

... Just got off the phone with 1974, they want thier cliché back. Try some originality Urkle!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back