Willis Tower, Chicago

pgriz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last weekend, we were in Chicago for a wedding. In the morning, we had some time to ourselves and decided to take an "architectural boat tour" that was being run on the North and South branches of the Chicago River. This image was taken just north of the West Roosevelt Road bridge. The building with the antennaes is known currently as the Willis Tower, but the locals still call it the Sears Tower, for the company that originally comissioned and then built this building. It is still the second-tallest building in United States, and eighth tallest worldwide.

This image is more-or-less a snapshot, with no pretentions of being artistic. Nevertheless, I am choosing to share it with you, partly because I think it is a pretty good snapshot, and partly because I need to test the new picture upload to attachment feature of TPF (well, this new version of TPF).

Willis Tower from South Branch_2265.JPG

Technical details: Canon T1i, EF 24-105mm f/4 at 32mm, ISO 100, f/8, 1/400 sec., manual exposure, spot meter, with sharpening and straightening in DPP.

You're right - it's a really nice snapshot! :)

And I'm not a Chicago local, but it'll always be the Sears Tower to me, too.

Nice shot. I love that boat tour. It is really pretty at night too.

Yeah, its' a nice snap ;)

Would love to visit Chicago... I'm seeing lots of Chicago on pictures because my uncle lives there, but unfortunately, I've never been there.

Nice! Sounds like an interesting tour.
I did Chicago way back with my son 8 -9 yrs old at the time, now 36! Loved it, museums galore and nice people.
Nancy

Most reactions

Back