What's new

Wilson's Lemonade Stand.

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 21, 2011
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
949
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This photograph reminded me of the volleyball "Wilson" in Tom Hank's movie "Cast Away" some years ago. The lemonade reference is obvious.

C&C welcome.

Thanks for looking!

8483768975_fd032bb053_c.jpg
[/URL] Wilson by jwbryson1, on Flickr[/IMG]
 
Thanks. Didn't even resort to PW's! Used my nasty old Phottix Stratto II's and YN 560 Mark II's (3 of them). Fun. I need a bigger fish tank.
 
Whatever fires the strobes is fine, that light didn't care what flavor trigger either hehe
 
my only complaint is that it is a lemon. No matter how hard you try, it is still a lemon.


I shot a few with strawberries and even an orange but I liked how the yellow popped! Thanks for the post Robin! :mrgreen:
 
I like it but take some of the color out of the splash and up the histogram a little and it will look fresher and have the pop i think you were looking for.
 
How do I remove the color from the splash?
 
Select the splash in PS with the lasso then feather slightly and desaturate the area.... give the total image a boost in levels
 
I dunno how big your tank is, but I would have liked to see more of the splash.

In your lemon shot, you have some messy smudges just to the left of the lemon... Patch tool?

I would take the brush tool and sample black from the image and get rid of all those tiny bubbles. It will give the image a cleaner, sharper look. And Ive just seen another (presumed) patch tool smudge at the bottom of the image...
it also looks like you have something red reflecting in your lemon shot on the water surface around the splash... I would also remove that.

Other than that, I like the over all look of the images. :)
 
I dunno how big your tank is, but I would have liked to see more of the splash.

In your lemon shot, you have some messy smudges just to the left of the lemon... Patch tool?

I would take the brush tool and sample black from the image and get rid of all those tiny bubbles. It will give the image a cleaner, sharper look. And Ive just seen another (presumed) patch tool smudge at the bottom of the image...
it also looks like you have something red reflecting in your lemon shot on the water surface around the splash... I would also remove that.

Other than that, I like the over all look of the images. :)


The tank is definitely too small which really limited what I could do to the photo. I clearly need a larger tank. I was waiting for somebody to point out the smudges. :lol: I'm not bad on Lightroom but I just got Photoshop and those are sloppy Photoshop errors.

I tried using a squeegee between shots, but I was getting dirt from the fruit plus maybe some unclean spots on the tank itself which really ruin the clean looks of these shots. Still learning and having fun! :sexywink:

Thanks for the post.
 
Fun shots! I tried these a few years ago, didn't really get anything I was excited about. If you have at it again try to get a little creative w/ what you drop. Look it up on flickr and see what other people have tried.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom