Win the Lottery and Go Travel kinda camera

chuasam

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's a dreary fall day in Vancouver. Snow has landed on the ground and it is COLD. -2C tomorrow.
I find myself dreaming of what I would do if I won the lottery.

Firstly, I would travel. I would take photos when I travel. What camera would I take with me?
I reckon if I won the lottery (which means near unlimited money in my brain), I would get myself an Olympus EM1 II with the 7-14, 12-100, and a 40-150 (f/2.8) and go travelling. (will bring the 300mm f/4 if I felt like carrying one)

I do have a fullframe camera and after travelling it with it, I have found myself consistently leaving it behind unless I had a paid or promotional shoot to do.

I might also bring along a Fujifilm X100F...for when I want to pretend to be Lee Friedlander or Cartier-Bresson.

If you won the Lottery and wanted to go travel, what would you bring?

Like Destin I would buy whatever i thought I wanted and hire a personal "assistant" to carry everything and hand me equipment when I asked. On those occasions when I didn't have exactly what I needed i would send the "assistant" to buy it. I mean if you're gonna live big don't scrimp on it. Heck I might even hire two one for each hand :allteeth:

Probably an Olly EM5 with a 14-150 all-rounder, weather sealed and relatively small. I'd add a very fast prime also.

Certainly this would not be my favourite setup, but when traveling the m43 system is a great balance between quality and practicality imo

You know, I really think I’d stick with Sony. All the Zeiss and GM lenses, not sure which camera. I might pick up Nikon as a second system. But right now I’m still happy with Sony.

guh! I should have specified...no minions to carry your gear.
Might as well have said "two supermodels to carry your stuff and pose for you on location."
But that is so Harvey Weinstein these days.

Might as well have said "two supermodels to carry your stuff and pose for you on location."

When you have money to burn supermodels can grow tiring after a bit. Much easier to let my beautiful "assistants" schedule new ones in for each shoot. I'd also probably not limit myself to any paticular gear, but have the "assistants" line up new for each stop

When you have money to burn supermodels can grow tiring after a bit. Much easier to let my beautiful "assistants" schedule new ones in for each shoot. I'd also probably not limit myself to any paticular gear, but have the "assistants" line up new for each stop

Given my fondness for Museums, zoos, galleries and really comfy hotel rooms...I really really pity my assistants (if I had any).
PA130216.JPG

(shot with an Olympus EM5 II on the 57th floor of the Marina Bay Sands)

Last edited:
Since my family doesn't win lotteries and such I don't think about stuff like this more than several times a day.
I carried two 35mm bodies and several lenses back when.
I reckon I'd have a nice DSLR and a nice mirrorless. And of course some great glass to go with them.
They could stay in the Suburban most of the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Since my family doesn't win lotteries and such I don't think about stuff like this more than several times a day.
I reckon I'd have a nice DSLR and a nice mirrorless. And of course some great glass to go with them.

Very upbeat aren't we :)

I'm talking about PROPER travelling...where you get in a plane and go to a new country. Not talking about putting your gear in an SUV and driving around the United States.

Well I've never wasted much time thinking that far ahead. Probably just carry a pretty upmarket point and shoot in that case.

I don't play the lottery but if I did and won, it would be a Fuji Klasse S/W, butt load of Portra 400, Acros 100, and TriX. All shot in Asia. Then have all the rolls developed by Darkroom with super scans and prints.

I don't play the lottery but if I did and won, it would be a Fuji Klasse S/W, butt load of Portra 400, Acros 100, and TriX. All shot in Asia. Then have all the rolls developed by Darkroom with super scans and prints.
what? why film???!!!
how about the Sony RX1R II?
I played with that...it's soooo much better than film.

Most reactions

Back