What's new

Wind in the Wildflowers

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is an idea I've been playing around with and I finally got a set I'm pretty happy with.

This is the first one I've edited, would love to hear your thoughts so I can use them when I work on the rest of them ;)

 
I like it ! It is so hard to get it with camera and you just hit the mark. (TBH I think luck played big part in it) I tried many times impressionistic type of image, never succeeded. But you are right, camera movement is no good, the whole subject has to move, and then is a matter of just right shutter speed. Your pic looks like Van Gogh.
 
Very nice, Pix!
 
timor said:
I like it ! It is so hard to get it with camera and you just hit the mark. (TBH I think luck played big part in it) I tried many times impressionistic type of image, never succeeded. But you are right, camera movement is no good, the whole subject has to move, and then is a matter of just right shutter speed. Your pic looks like Van Gogh.

Thanks Timor and Charlie :)

Timor, Van Gogh, wow, thanks :)

It's tricky for sure, there is a lot you have control over but there is definitely another element that I rather call randomness as opposed to luck ;)

I tried this many times by moving the camera and it always looked too deliberate and was missing the organic/natural quality that the wind gives it.
 
Interesting. Also though-provoking in terms of what effects that can give. Thank you for sharing this little experiment - I'm adding it to my "things to try when the conditions are right" photographic folder, right next to other flower pictures by Mishele, dreamy water scapes by Invisible, and a number of others, decrepit buildings (you, Invisible), geometric patterns and glass (from Bitter), stairs (manaheim), angry wasps (charlie), and so on. I also have to try some India pictures, but that may take some time before I can give Nandakumar some competition. eh, one can dream.
 
Thanks sooo much Pgriz :)
 
Actually.. I still like this one best of the two...
 
Very cool results. I'm wondering what factored into your crop decisions?
Thanks :)
I set this shot up on the margin between the flowers to get both in motion so I cropped to get the most of both as balanced as I could.
Actually.. I still like this one best of the two...
lol Charlie, did we have an indecisive day?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom