Window Basket

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
20120901_0047MA-X2.jpg

I wonder if the blacks could be brought up just a bit around the rim of the basket and maybe even a bit more on the whole basket...I think the contrast range between the hard black and the nice subtle grays is too much...at least for my old eyes. :)

I like it, too.

Thanks all.

I wonder if the blacks could be brought up just a bit around the rim of the basket and maybe even a bit more on the whole basket...I think the contrast range between the hard black and the nice subtle grays is too much...at least for my old eyes. :)

I can see your point, but I was going for more of a silhouette of the the basket with the light behind it giving it substance in the frame. The print on 13 x 19 looks quite nice - at least it matches my intent. I may adjust curves a bit, but I'm not too interested it pulling the shadows much. My intent was to make a dark composition. I think the title may have implied more importance to the basket as well. One reason I dislike giving images a title. I wanted to show something was there for balancing the composition, but wasn't really interested in defining it with much detail.

Thanks for the critique. Always welcome. I will play a bit with your suggestion.

Nice, Maybe I'd have actually dropped the blacks and dodged some of the whites here, but its an interesting delicate image, almost an air of sadness around it..

This is a shot that is just plain good. It is also a shot that one cannot explain why it is good.

Some photos you just like, no explanation needed. I like this one.

Most reactions

Back