Window for C&C

brettmc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So we have an old stained glass window that we hung the other day and I wanted to try and capture some of it's textures. Initially I was wanting to get some of the color coming through from outside, but it's all cloudy. Please C&C, I appreciate all the guidance you can give. Thanks.

Window_1717.jpg

Window_1726.jpg

Window_1741.jpg

Window_1719.jpg

Window_1729.jpg

Window_1739.jpg

This. :thumbup:
I think cropping just shy of half the bottom pane would help. While I like the B&W, I am curious about the color image. I love abstract images, line, shape, textures...This one is pretty cool.

#2 could be better if you crop some of the right side, and bottom. (get rid of the blown white on the right, focus on the textures and composition)

Thanks for the comments bitter. I was initially shooting for some colorful pics, but it was cloudy outside and to get some good color out of the panes I would have had to blow out some of the highlights so I stuck with B&W.

I like that one as well. I agree I would like to see the colored.

What about subtle, desaturated color?

Oh, wait, you shot these in B&W IN camera?

Nope B&W was PP, I'll do some work with the colors and repost.

Window_1717color.jpg

Window_1726color.jpg

Window_1741color.jpg

Window_1719color.jpg

Window_1729color.jpg

Window_1739color.jpg

Last edited:
I tried messing with 4, try to get some more color into it...
pelican1-5-2.jpg

I like #4 in the above above post better.
Very nice!

Appreciate the help, hopefully tomorrow the sun will be out for a little more color, or maybe I'll just have to use another flash on the back side.

I agree, I think I overdid my edit, I seem to do that with others photos. Not sure why.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back