Windows 10 Build 1809

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just got the latest download on LR, only to discover that the only thing I was really interested in "Enhance Detail" won't work unless you have Windows 10 build 1809 released in October 2018. I was surprised Windows updater hadn't been bugging me to update, I'm still on 1803, but further research revealed that the 1809 build was delayed after they had a lot of problems with the release. Supposedly they have started releasing it again.

Anyone else have the 1809 build???? Did you have to go out and force an update to get it??? Problems with it?????

Hmm, 1809 build should have been an auto update by now for all non-enterprise versions ... I think.

I am one of those people who eagerly upgrade as soon as possible, regardless if they have a buggy version (I just boot into Linux when Windows fails me) ... so I am not sure.

Looks like they started redistributing 1809 in January, but then had problems with some servers. May have to force it manually.

At long long last I have just managed to do the 1809 update, been a right PITA trying god knows how many times to download it and it`s now just finished. Took about an hour and a half to do so I hope it all works out fine now.

Er windows 10. I am still on win 7 and to be honest do not plan on changing. If I did I would have to change so many of the programmes I use that it is cost prohibitive. Ok I a fossil

At long long last I have just managed to do the 1809 update, been a right PITA trying god knows how many times to download it and it`s now just finished. Took about an hour and a half to do so I hope it all works out fine now.

I had that issue with the 1703 build. Between software and hardware incompatibility issues it took 3 days to finish.

I had that issue with the 1703 build. Between software and hardware incompatibility issues it took 3 days to finish.

Just come back from a walk round the block with Susie, and all seems fine on it now but had to delete off the old windows 10.

This is why I am not changing some of my prog,s /hardware will not go beyond win 7 I have been there sat up all night trying to get some stupid prog/driver to load wishing I had never tried to change.
Now I am wiser !,,,,
NO I am not!
I am too old and have far better things to do . Like get out with the camera

This is why I am not changing some of my prog,s /hardware will not go beyond win 7 I have been there sat up all night trying to get some stupid prog/driver to load wishing I had never tried to change.
Now I am wiser !,,,,
NO I am not!

Unfortunately they eventually force you to change regardless. I loved XP Pro. They had to force me kicking and screaming to update, because things stopped working or being supported.

Now I am wiser !,,,,
NO I am not!

Unfortunately they eventually force you to change regardless. I loved XP Pro. They had to force me kicking and screaming to update, because things stopped working or being supported.

That`s what happened to my Mum, and in the end she just did not update her PC as she said it was a waste of time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back