Windows 10 full-screen image

yep. seems like there oughtta be a way...

If you dance an Irish jig and eat a bug, feel free to post the video.

yep. seems like there oughtta be a way...

One would think so.

But then again.... we're discussing Windows 10..... a 64-bit upgrade based on a 32-bit rewrite of a 16-bit patch of an 8-bit fix of a 4-bit OS created by a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

Seems the only way Bill can plug all the security holes is to simply remove things.

Possibly Power Point; I think you can save a file in presentation mode that auto starts. As to whether it starts in full screen mode, I don't recall.

Edit: I just tested it . . . if you create a slide (one slide if only one photo) and save the presentation as a Power Point Show (.ppsx), it will go to full screen. I am using Office 365 and Windows 10. I don't know if the feature is in OpenOffice, but I suspect it is.

That's a good suggestion. I never thought about using PP. It is a lot of extra work for the OP. Sounds like the OP is not that comfortable with computers.

I'm comfortable with computers. It's just in one particular situation, I need to be able to click on an image file from the laptop screen and have it displayed on the projector with no other interaction on my part... as I won't be able to see the screen.

Short of the PP suggested, I'm not aware of any other method other than a custom app or script that opens the image full size.

F11 invokes the slide show function.

Solution: IrfanView. :586:

First, I have to set IrfanView to be the default viewer.

Then I open an image by double-clicking it's icon in the file manager, drag the opened image to monitor #2 (the projector), and maximize it. This will then become the default when you double-click on a file. It will display some file data (name, memory size etc) in the top left of the screen, but I managed to find a box I could uncheck that would remove it.

It does exactly what I wanted.... double-click on a file, and it displays full-screen through the projector. When I want to remove the image from the projector, I can use my mouse on monitor #1 to click on the icon in the toolbar and press ESC. That closes the image. When I want to open another image on the projector, I just double-click it in the file manager displayed on monitor #1.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back