What's new

Windows

(Ghastly) Krueger

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 20, 2006
Messages
1,393
Reaction score
0
Location
Lost between tomorrow and yesterday
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello

I haven't posted any pics in a while and I suddenly felt the urge to do it ... these two were taken in a convent in a small town called Tepoztlan.

Imagen046.jpg


Imagen042.jpg


I know... the date stamps are aweful.

I will appreciate any comment.
 
Yes, pity about the date stamp ... well, where on this globe would we find Tepoztlan if we wanted to go there, too?

I like the first one, the view out of the window, making use of the window frame. Quite well exposed despite the differences in lighting.

It did not work quite as well in the second when you got camera shake, but we can still see and appreciate the elaborate workmanship of this carved wooded frame. Wow.
 
Thanks for the answer, LaFoto

Tepoztlan is in the state of Morelos, in Mexico. It's about 15 min. from the state capital, Cuernavaca and about 1hr from Mexico City.
Or, if you don't mind me being obsessive, you can go to google earth at 18°59'06" N, 99° 05'59"W :D
The prehispanic people thought this was a place with a lot of energy and built a pyramid dedicated to some deity at the top of a hill (some 600m from the base) ... it is still visited by a lot of tourists and "new agers".
It is located at 19°00'03"N 99°06'04"W. Took me and a friend about 3 hr to the pyramid.
 
Ah. Mexico. I see... should have seen (and actually guessed) from the Aztec sound/writing of the name.

I am beginning to think the patterns around the second window are not carved wood but painted to the wall, rather?
 
Shame neither of those 2 is particularly focused. And that no. 1 is slightly out of whack. That is easily remedied of course.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom