windows

Michaelaw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I liked this scene for its patterns and colors but probably most will see it as a bunch of windows

windows.jpg

I think your picture has some interest but posttreatment is required
there is a kind of fog on your picture , thta I don't like, if you want I can remove it and show you the result?
Mat

I'd love to see your tweak, so do your magic:thumbup:

Ok lets go ....
I made it quite extrem in therm of colour saturation because I like it like this, but this is very personnal

If you like I can explain you how I did, it takes 3 min :mrgreen:
If you don t like I remove

Matthieu

I do like the thicker border on your version, seems to frame the image better and your treatment of contrast and color is cool too. I think I would prefer some middle ground between the two somehow as mine seems to flat and yours seems a little pushed IMO :)

I like the upper row of windows. You might try cropping out the rest to make it look something like a narrow panorama. It would also simplify the composition. I wouldn't suggest if I didn't like the image, by the way. I do. I agree on the saturation. Version 2 is too much. Sometimes Photoshop makes caricatures of photographs instead of better photographs.

Something like this perhaps?

winthin.jpg

Windows are among my preferred "theme in my head" (and I have many of those that I follow up on any time I get a chance), so I really like these and see what made you want to take this very photo.

But it is a pity to see that the ... what is the word again in English, are those bows the lintels? Wouldn't lintels be straight, horizontal things? anyhow, I mean those bows ... that those bows are cropped off just a tad in the original photo (and I don't understand how they can be there in the cropped version, unless the crop was made out of a second photo?).

I agree on the saturation. Version 2 is too much. Sometimes Photoshop makes caricatures of photographs instead of better photographs.

fmw sorry Photoshop does not do anything.
Maybe you do not like this version and I fully understand as I explained it is quite extrem saturation, but it's what I like.
But you can do same less saturated with Photoshop also. So please do not give such general wrong idea like Photoshop makes caricatures.
You find this version is caricature, but I made it not Photoshop.
Photoshop makes what you want that s all. :D
Bye

Mat

Windows are among my preferred "theme in my head" (and I have many of those that I follow up on any time I get a chance), so I really like these and see what made you want to take this very photo.

But it is a pity to see that the ... what is the word again in English, are those bows the lintels? Wouldn't lintels be straight, horizontal things? anyhow, I mean those bows ... that those bows are cropped off just a tad in the original photo (and I don't understand how they can be there in the cropped version, unless the crop was made out of a second photo?).

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're saying but if it helps you understand, Both posted images are cropped from one original. The rest of the image seemed to take away from the moment somehow.

fmw sorry Photoshop does not do anything.
Maybe you do not like this version and I fully understand as I explained it is quite extrem saturation, but it's what I like.
But you can do same less saturated with Photoshop also. So please do not give such general wrong idea like Photoshop makes caricatures.
You find this version is caricature, but I made it not Photoshop.
Photoshop makes what you want that s all. :D
Bye

Mat

To explain, photoshop did it, not the camera. In other words, the camera captures reality. Sometimes people change reality with Photoshop. In this day and age, I think there is too much use of Photoshop and I always wonder what reality looked like. I sometimes think Photographers were more careful and thoughtful when they made exposures on film.

However, preferences are preferences and everybody has them. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're saying but if it helps you understand, Both posted images are cropped from one original. The rest of the image seemed to take away from the moment somehow.

She's talking about the lintels on the windows. You cropped very close to them on the original and not as close on the "panorama." If there is more brick in the image above them, I'd crop even further away. I think that's what she had in mind.

Yes. You are right, Fred.
And "lintel" is the correct word?
Even if they are curved?

I have to say that I do like this shot. I actually like both shots. Has an interesting look to it and it keeps me looking at the photo!!!

Most reactions

Back