Windsurfing and kitesurfing

a_scayola

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone.
It's the second time I've gone to this spot where a bunch of kitesurfers get together on sundays. I learned from my first shoot that it's very hard to get a picture that shows the kite and the guy at the sam time with any kind of detail. This time I brought a Tamron 70-220/4 (M42 lens with an adapter to my 10D) and I was able to get a couple of closer shots. There were also some windsurfers this time and they are waaaay easier to photograph.

I bought the Tamron on ebay for around $30 a long time ago to use with a Zenit I have, and I've never been so sure about it's sharpness. What do you guys think, judging from these pictures? They were taken at 220mm, most of them at f5.6. Also, it's hard as hell to focus, since the focus ring goes beyond infinity (for use in cold weather, aparently) and it's hard to tell at 220mm with the 10D's non-split focusing screen.

Hope you like them.

1-
101706Framed2.jpg

2-
101706Framed1.jpg

3-
101706Framed4.jpg

4-
101706Framed5.jpg

5-
101706Framed6.jpg

6-
101706Framed7.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Andres

I sure like these a lot.
And I find that focus is really good in all of these.
Plus I like your composition in all, mostly so in the windsurfers' pics. The background is blurred but still recognisable enough to also be interesting and I have been studying that almost even more than the surfers :oops: ...

really enjoyable series... the first and last are my favorites. i agree with lafoto on the backgrounds, they add so much to these shots than an empty horizon i usually see with these kind of shots. i'd say your lens is working pretty good for $30! :thumbup:

@lafoto: thank you, I think you have commented on every picture I've ever posted. Really apreciate that. :)
@JTHphoto: Thanks!

These are actually the first usable pictures that I've got from this lens, but I'm looking forward to many more now that I seem to have figured out focusing with it.

@tranceplant: they were taken at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami.

@DeepSpring and Dikkie: Thanks!

Most reactions

Back