Switching from Nikon, Budget of approximately 3k, looking for recommendations.

Well, I must be missing something here.

forgive me if I am not grasping this, and please correct me if I am wrong but Nikon makes an adapter that allows ALL previous F and G lenses to work on the Z series.

Same with the Canon systems.
All mirrorless as of late that I am aware of will adapt out nearly all lenses made (some exclusions apply).

but if your serious on wildlife, the information I have seen has primarily been the Canon systems and the R bodies.
The Nikon Z bodies are IMO too small.

but it is more to what fits YOU, nut us!

Now sensor size is something I wont explore too much, (religion and politics thing) but hands down the larger the sensor the better the detail.

Fuji, and Hassy makes the Med. Format, but only the X series in the blads and the Fuji clones (G series) allow fast shooting.

But that's a whole diff. discussion.

Large fast lenses are normal, and unless I am wrong, any of the large Canon L series will fit just fine on the R bodies with the adapter.
With that much cash on hand, any of those bodies (outside the R9 and the Z9) are within reach.

Now sensor size is something I wont explore too much, (religion and politics thing) but hands down the larger the sensor the better the detail.

The Detail / resolution of an image depends on how many camera sensor elements you get on the subject and the quality of the lens, not necessarily the sensor size. Detail is different from sharpness. Detail is measured in line pairs / mm and sharpness is subjective.

The Detail / resolution of an image depends on how many camera sensor elements you get on the subject and the quality of the lens, not necessarily the sensor size. Detail is different from sharpness. Detail is measured in line pairs / mm and sharpness is subjective.
OK

My recommendation is always the same: try Pentax- hey, the lenses focus in the same direction as your present system 😂

forgive me if I am not grasping this, and please correct me if I am wrong but Nikon makes an adapter that allows ALL previous F and G lenses to work on the Z series.

All mirrorless as of late that I am aware of will adapt out nearly all lenses made (some exclusions apply).

The Nikon FTZ adapter is a "kinda" works tool.
I think all the F mount lenses will attach to the FTZ, but how functional will they be on a Z camera is the issue.

The mechanical AF lenses use an AF motor in the camera. They will NOT autofocus on the FTZ, because there is no AF motor in the FTZ for the lens. This is one of the biggest beefs of those with many older mechanical AF lenses. On a Z camera, those lenses become manual focus lenses.

Canon on the other-hand went with putting the AF motor in the lens from the beginning of the EF mount, so they do not have that issue.

but if your serious on wildlife, the information I have seen has primarily been the Canon systems and the R bodies.
The Nikon Z bodies are IMO too small.

but it is more to what fits YOU, nut us!

Fuji, and Hassy makes the Med. Format, but only the X series in the blads and the Fuji clones (G series) allow fast shooting.

But that's a whole diff. discussion.

Large fast lenses are normal, and unless I am wrong, any of the large Canon L series will fit just fine on the R bodies with the adapter.
With that much cash on hand, any of those bodies (outside the R9 and the Z9) are within reach.

I tried the Z6 for wildlife, but the AF is too slow and inaccurate. Forget all about subject tracking, it has a mind of its own. The Canon R AF hit me like a ton of bricks. Wow! It rarely misses. It detects the subject and finds the eye. Sticks like glue.

all the newer mirrorless models have significanty better AF, makes the BIF shots stupid easy !
Some do, some don't. My Nikon Z6 had worse accuracy than my D850 DSLR. If you just talk about the newer mirrorless models, I found the Canon R6 Mark II AF to be faster and more accurate than it's competitors - including Sony. Even my little R10 is faster than the competition!

Well ill admit that I did get the RP over a Z5.

My primary motivation is FF mirrorless that I can attach all my old glass to.

So far so good.

Most reactions

Back