What's new

Windy corner

AdamK

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 7, 2010
Messages
212
Reaction score
5
Location
Isle of Man
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've posted waaay too many landscape photography threads this week :lmao: Well I took a photo at the appropriately named windy corner.



Please tell me what you think :mrgreen:
 
Not trying to bump my thread up, but is the reason why people on photo forums get no replies is because of the old saying 'if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all?' Just wondering because I need some direction with my photography :lol:
 
I would say yes....because nobody comments on mine either...:confused:

Your photo is very nice...well composed and colorful.. Importantly, it shows depth and dimension that you rarely see in the typical "close-up soft water" sort of shots of the day.. It's the type of shot that I would take, so I like it...

I believe that if you want "comments" or critique, you need to post in a critique specific board or ask directly for C&C.. But, then you need to be prepared for the comments that may go against your personal style...:mrgreen:

Let's make a pact.. I'll comment on yours if you comment on mine......:cheers:
 
I would say yes....because nobody comments on mine either...:confused:

Your photo is very nice...well composed and colorful.. Importantly, it shows depth and dimension that you rarely see in the typical "close-up soft water" sort of shots of the day.. It's the type of shot that I would take, so I like it...

I believe that if you want "comments" or critique, you need to post in a critique specific board or ask directly for C&C.. But, then you need to be prepared for the comments that may go against your personal style...:mrgreen:

Let's make a pact.. I'll comment on yours if you comment on mine......:cheers:

:lol: So true :mrgreen: Ok I like your photographs anyway (Just had a nose around) and any in the future I will make sure to comment :)
 
This is a very pretty pic I cant give any C&C but I like the photo:)
 
This is a very pretty pic I cant give any C&C but I like the photo:)

Ah it's ok :) I am glad you like the photo :mrgreen: I thought it was a really bad photograph because nobody commented on it . But thankyou!
 
I too like the composition and the collection of colors in this image. I think there might be too much worth looking at here though (specifically, those awesome clouds in the upper right corner - they draw the eye away from the ground, up into a relatively small area of the shot).

I think as a land study it might be better to shoot this exact shot on a clear day. The cloud cover here makes the lighting on most of the ground very flat (except for on the left, just over the first rise). There's enough contour to the ground here that I suspect if you shoot at the beginning or end of the day that you would get some interesting lighting. And on a clear day you wouldn't have the light creating such interesting effects as on these clouds, so the viewer's focus would remain on the ground.

Alternatively you could make this a sky study. If you pan up on this image, losing the bottom 1/3 or so, you would still have the foreground, hills, and valley out to the horizon - enough land to be interesting without dominating the image. Your horizon would now be about 1/3 of the way up the image, leaving 2/3 to capture what seem to be some very interesting clouds (yes, I'm making the assumption that the rest of the sky is worth capturing).

Well done!
 
I too like the composition and the collection of colors in this image. I think there might be too much worth looking at here though (specifically, those awesome clouds in the upper right corner - they draw the eye away from the ground, up into a relatively small area of the shot).

I think as a land study it might be better to shoot this exact shot on a clear day. The cloud cover here makes the lighting on most of the ground very flat (except for on the left, just over the first rise). There's enough contour to the ground here that I suspect if you shoot at the beginning or end of the day that you would get some interesting lighting. And on a clear day you wouldn't have the light creating such interesting effects as on these clouds, so the viewer's focus would remain on the ground.

Alternatively you could make this a sky study. If you pan up on this image, losing the bottom 1/3 or so, you would still have the foreground, hills, and valley out to the horizon - enough land to be interesting without dominating the image. Your horizon would now be about 1/3 of the way up the image, leaving 2/3 to capture what seem to be some very interesting clouds (yes, I'm making the assumption that the rest of the sky is worth capturing).

Well done!

Wow a lot of advice, thankyou :) Yeah I know what you mean about the sky on the top right being distracting I always find my eyes being dragged up there :( And this was taken about half an hour to sunset. The weather was bad (You can see the band of rain very far into the valley);) and this was the only break I got until more wet weather came in. So as you said about going out back on a clear day, I think I'll do that :mrgreen: May take your other alternative if the weather keeps up this horrible then nice weather.
 
I too have noticed not many people will C&C photos on this forum. Back when iPhotoForum was still alive, there was a lot of buzz with shots posted. This forum just seems a bit quiet most times. Nice shot by the way :)
 
I wonder why? :er: I should of joined the photoforum earlier :lol: Oh and thankyou :D
 
I like this shot. Nice colour palette and I am a sucker for rolling clouds.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom