Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Any thoughts?

WindyPath2.jpg

c&c always appreciated :)

I assume you've applied the Orton effect, which makes this shot look a lot like Dwayne Oakes' work. (This is a compliment, by the way.) If this was mine, I'd lower the saturation a bit.

"Ethereal" i believe is the word. It really draws you in. I'd say that this is a great, spot-on use of the orton effect as opposed to the countless "artsy-blurry-glowy" ortonised shots out there.

I assume you've applied the Orton effect, which makes this shot look a lot like Dwayne Oakes' work. (This is a compliment, by the way.) If this was mine, I'd lower the saturation a bit.

Indeed it is the Orten effect. I think you may be right about the saturation, I will lower it a bit. Thanks Invisible :)

Tasmaster said:
"Ethereal" i believe is the word. It really draws you in. I'd say that this is a great, spot-on use of the orton effect as opposed to the countless "artsy-blurry-glowy" ortonised shots out there.

Thanks Tas. I have had this photo for a while and everytime I see it, I like it but something was wrong. When I put the Orten effect on it, I thought it finally looked good. Thanks for the kind words.

I really like it.

I really like the shades of green. It adds depth to the photo.

path looks good among the greens all around...the saturation at centre is a bit high...good shot.

I really like it.
Stock Photos said:
I really like the shades of green. It adds depth to the photo.

Thank you :)

Roy Hubbard said:
This is amazingly beautiful. I just looked up the Orton effect, got to try this out.

Thank you. I have t give credit to Dwayne Oakes. His outstanding use of the Orton Effect made me go check it out, and I love it. :)

gopal said:
path looks good among the greens all around...the saturation at centre is a bit high...good shot.

I agree, and thank you :)

enufced904 said:
I think it looks amazing. Is this place near your home?

Yes, it isn't far. It is a nice place. Thank you for the kind words :)

a nice, moody piece... has an almost ominous, definitely mysterious look to it, as though the woods hold something that should best be left undisturbed...

a nice, moody piece... has an almost ominous, definitely mysterious look to it, as though the woods hold something that should best be left undisturbed...

You're making me scared to go back now :crazy:

Thanks for the comment ;)

DO NOT CHANGE A THING!

This is what I want to see when I look at color photography. Most of which totally bores me to death. The contrast between the darker greens of the foliage and the lighter green of the grass is perfect.

DO NOT CHANGE A THING!

This is what I want to see when I look at color photography. Most of which totally bores me to death. The contrast between the darker greens of the foliage and the lighter green of the grass is perfect.

wow, thank you! :mrgreen:

DO NOT CHANGE A THING!

I agree, awesome photo, well done.

Most reactions

Back