What's new

Wine Run with the OM-D

Seefutlung

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
1,558
Reaction score
62
Location
SoCal
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A quick run to Pinot Noir Country - Los Olivos, CA:


#1
P7080021-L.jpg

Bridalwood Winery


#2
P7080032-L.jpg



#3
P7080093.jpg

Coquelicot Estate Tasting Room


#4
P7080092-L.jpg



#5
P7080138-L.jpg



#6
P7080180-L.jpg



#7
P7080188-L.jpg



#8
P7080205-L.jpg



Thanks for viewing,


Gary
 
I love the sharpness and colour in these images. Were they all shot with the same Lumix lens? How do you like the EVF on the Olympus?

Snarky comment: "Bridalwood" sound like such a made-up to sound hoity-toity name. Lol.. I mean, what on earth is bridal wood?!! Oh wait. Nevermind. :blushing:
 
I love the sharpness and colour in these images. Were they all shot with the same Lumix lens? How do you like the EVF on the Olympus?

Snarky comment: "Bridalwood" sound like such a made-up to sound hoity-toity name. Lol.. I mean, what on earth is bridal wood?!! Oh wait. Nevermind. :blushing:

Afternoon Jaemie. The wide stuff, #'s 1, 3, and 4 were shot with the Pany 7-14, just a great lens. #2 was the Oly 45mm, #'s 6,7,8 with the Oly 12mm. #5 was with the Pany 100-300.

The EVF is quite workable for most stuff. Optical viewfinders are significancy superior to electronic for action stuff, other than action they're fine. The OM-D EVF is so so much better than the GF1 EVF (my previous experience).

P7080078-XL.jpg


G
 
NICE work behind the lens! These photos show that you know how to create photos that have visual excitement and visceral appeal. It's clear that you have visual style.

GOOD SHOOTING!!!!!!
 
NICE work behind the lens! These photos show that you know how to create photos that have visual excitement and visceral appeal. It's clear that you have visual style.

GOOD SHOOTING!!!!!!

Thank you Derrel. Never had anybody post so many 'V' words before. lol

Again, thanks Derrel.
Gary

P7080193-L.jpg

Veal
 
Visual victory with veal! (Do they serve venison too? You know, just for some variety?)
 
Great shots with the m4/3. I've been thinking if the difference between the EM5 and the EP3 would be worth the upgrade. I rented the Panny 7-14 for a week and found it to be a really fun lens to shoot with.



Lol.. I mean, what on earth is bridal wood?!! Oh wait. Nevermind. :blushing:
Similar as Morning Wood, maybe? :lol:
 
Great shots with the m4/3. I've been thinking if the difference between the EM5 and the EP3 would be worth the upgrade. I rented the Panny 7-14 for a week and found it to be a really fun lens to shoot with.



Lol.. I mean, what on earth is bridal wood?!! Oh wait. Nevermind. :blushing:
Similar as Morning Wood, maybe? :lol:

Hey Kundalini,

Different sensor, significantly better IQ out of the OM-D. I bought Mary Lou an E-P3, the OM-D is a faster handling camera. If looks are important, get the E-P3 ... if photojournalistic style/capabilities is most important, get the OM-D.

Gary

P7080070-L.jpg
 
Visual victory with veal! (Do they serve venison too? You know, just for some variety?)

LOL ... man it's to early to play wordsmith with you. I have to remind you there are a finite number of 'V's' allotted in one's lifetime ... so use them with vigilance, but also with vision and vigor.

G

P7080100.jpg

Vintner's special
 
Last edited:
Different sensor, significantly better IQ out of the OM-D. I bought Mary Lou an E-P3, the OM-D is a faster handling camera. If looks are important, get the E-P3 ... if photojournalistic style/capabilities is most important, get the OM-D.

Good to know about the OM-D. I bought the E-P3 not too long after it came out and think it is a fine camera and fits my purpose exquisitely. Plus, it is kinda cute.

So far I've only got the kit lens plus the 40-150mm and the 45mm. I'm liking the 20mm to be the next lens.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom