(Ghastly) Krueger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
204.jpg

2. Migration rest place
27.jpg

I think these are too "busy". And though your tweaks helped a bit, there is not much detail to be seen.

The bottom b&w bird shot has an ominous, brooding mood to it that is somewhat appealing.

The top photo might have worked better ironically as an even darker shot, with the branches as a silhouette with no detail at all....just form. But even then, too many of them filling the scene. Simple is better. Less is more.

You're tweaks helped a lot in my opinion, I think the black and white is the best.

The first is very busy but reflects EXACTLY what everything around me looks like these days, including the colour of the sky you had when you took that one. I believe that if that first one had "an anchor", i.e. the inclusion of a bit of ground, it would work better.

It is as if you had come to my immediate surroundings to take that one :shock:.
Have you?

The edit of the second is definitely better than the original(ly shown) version, and I quite like the colours in that one, though I think the b&w version is the stronger one.

yep that B&W one is a stunner

I believe that if that first one had "an anchor", i.e. the inclusion of a bit of ground, it would work better.

Understood, thanks.

It is as if you had come to my immediate surroundings to take that one :shock:.
Have you?

Nope. This was in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, USA.

Although, if all goes according to plan, I'll be a bit to the south of you by mid February for a very short bussiness trip (in Franconia, Bavaria to be precise). Maybe there will be snow by then?

The edit of the second is definitely better than the original(ly shown) version, and I quite like the colours in that one, though I think the b&w version is the stronger one.

Thanks for your comments.

Ah. Franconia in mid-Feb then?
Cool.
Nowhere near where I am, but know I now that you know Germany a lot better than I thought and know its geography, so you will know that I am too far away for short and quick meet-up.

Snow?
So far no sign of it. Only storms and rain and wind and grey weather ... but the weathermen have mentioned below-zero temps for next week and snow in areas higher than 500m, so you MIGHT, just MIGHT be lucky in mid-February.

I fear we get winter with ice and snow when we begin to look forward to spring at last, while the plants THINK it is spring already, and I have seen cherry trees in bloom and forsytiae out today, in January!!!

Ah. Franconia in mid-Feb then?
Cool.
Nowhere near where I am, but know I now that you know Germany a lot better than I thought and know its geography, so you will know that I am too far away for short and quick meet-up.

I know, that's why I didn't mention the posibility. I'm going to be inGermany for 3 or 4 days only.

you MIGHT, just MIGHT be lucky in mid-February.

Cool

Most reactions

New Topics

Back