Winter in Arlington, VA

That's a pretty serious piece of steel. Im assuming its from the WTC? My department has a piece that's about 1.5x1.5' that was donated to us by a retired FDNY member. We built it into a granite memorial in front of Sta 101 to memorialize the 343 and opposing it is a similarly styled granite stone memorializing our fallen department firefighters.

---Chris

That's a pretty serious piece of steel. Im assuming its from the WTC? My department has a piece that's about 1.5x1.5' that was donated to us by a retired FDNY member. We built it into a granite memorial in front of Sta 101 to memorialize the 343 and opposing it is a similarly styled granite stone memorializing our fallen department firefighters.

---Chris

Hi Chris,

It wasn't until after I took the shot and was reviewing it on the computer that I realized the FDNY symbol. My guess was that they donated the steel from the WTC to be memorials for various fire departments.

I like the composition with the flag along the left vertical line, however it feels tilted to me and the wall behind the focal point makes it appear even more so. I'm not sure how I feel about the selective coloring though.

Most reactions

Back