Winter patio

Michaelaw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
winter%20patio.jpg

Ehhh, I guess it's ok. It looks like a snapshot you took through a glass window in my opinion. Maybe you could have set up the tables so that they are more in a line to fit with the trees, the bushes, and the two benches? I don't know, I'm not really one to give a lot of advice, being I'm still new to photography.

Thanks Phazan. I took the shot by ramming the lense through a gap in a heavy fence, so I couldn't influence the articles at all. I have seen this place once before on a warm summer evening, it was full of life and drunk people. It captured me when I walked by this weekend how desolate it looked in the winter...Unused! I guess I didn't quite capture the mood.

hmmm
i like it but i feel that there could be some improvement. I totally get the feel you are going for, but it needs something else. I feel like Black and White could work well here, but you would need better lighting (IE more well defined shadows)
perhaps shooting on a sunny day (the blurred shadows under the chair suggest overcast) and a black and white treatment could make this shot.

i do like it though, it does feel unused

if you would like, i could post a quick conversion to show you what i mean, but i dont wanna go messing with it if you dont want (And yes i see your images are OK to Edit, but i still feel like i should ask)

I think I'm going to wait for a better day of light and re shoot it to get more range to play with. I like it in b&w

I felt the mood you wanted to capture at once.
And I could imagine why this scene inspired you to take the photo. It only seems the day was too desolate and grey and blah to bring out as much as you had hoped to bring out.
And sometimes we just see and feel more in our photos (of scenes that we know from all through the year) than the picture can convey. I know I once took a photo of the open pool area of the pool where my daughter does her training - through the fence, too, and in winter, on a snow-free but frosty day. And I felt that photo was one of my better photos, capturing the absolutely empty pool, the recliners all stacked up and covered by a blue tarpaulin in the background, and NOTHING of the hustle and bustle and jumping and splashing and running and colours of summer to be seen. But few on here shared my view on that being a good photo. So there.............. been there, too, Michael.

here is the edit i did last night.
I deffinatly think this could be a good photo with the right light.
Im interested to see what you come up with if you shoot it again
in different light
winter20patio.jpg

Most reactions

Back