I felt the mood you wanted to capture at once.
And I could imagine why this scene inspired you to take the photo. It only seems the day was too desolate and grey and blah to bring out as much as you had hoped to bring out.
And sometimes we just see and feel more in our photos (of scenes that we know from all through the year) than the picture can convey. I know I once took a photo of the open pool area of the pool where my daughter does her training - through the fence, too, and in winter, on a snow-free but frosty day. And I felt that photo was one of my better photos, capturing the absolutely empty pool, the recliners all stacked up and covered by a blue tarpaulin in the background, and NOTHING of the hustle and bustle and jumping and splashing and running and colours of summer to be seen. But few on here shared my view on that being a good photo. So there.............. been there, too, Michael.