What's new

Winter Sad

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Something out of my comfort zone, for a change.

p1358550240-4.jpg
 
You should stay out of your zone for awhile..other than the tiny bit of unfocused leaf on the upper left for the nitpick, it's a keeper.
 
Very nice shot..... surprised the mice have not eaten all the seed by now.
 
other than the tiny bit of unfocused leaf on the upper left for the nitpick, it's a keeper.
Like ceeboy said, focus stacking may have resolved the OOF leaf issue.
I'm old school (or maybe just old) and only do single-shot photos except when I do startrails :) Here I used the smallest aperture that my macro lens allowed (something stupid like f/32) to get this DoF.

Very nice shot..... surprised the mice have not eaten all the seed by now.
I was surprised to see the flowers still standing at all – temps around here have already reached the minus twenties (Celsius). It was explained to me that farmers wait until this time of the year to harvest the seeds, which came as a surprise.

Thank you all for your feedback!
 
Mercy bump so everyone can admire the awesomesauceness and avantgardeness of this image :-P
 
Jeez, invisible, do you like this one much? :lol:
I dunno, maybe... but this was just a scheduled bump. There's another one coming up tomorrow at 2:15pm ET regardless of the number of replies :)
 
Whoa!! Is that a flower in your shot?!! lol Poor flower had to be grown in Canada!! That is sad.
 
There! I gave you a "like", now go away! lol!

It is a nice image... very evocative in some ways!
 
Woah! No squirrels in Canada?!! Our sunflowers never have so much as a single seed left in them by this time -- really nice photo.

Joe
 
Whoa!! Is that a flower in your shot?!! lol Poor flower had to be grown in Canada!! That is sad.
LOL! It's a sunflower, and she looks very much at home here ;)

By the way, I've figured out your trademarked flower-shooting trick. (No, I'm not going to tell you how you do it but I will tell you it's VERY clever.)

There! I gave you a "like", now go away! lol!
That's all that matters, really :lol:

Woah! No squirrels in Canada?!! Our sunflowers never have so much as a single seed left in them by this time
We do have squirrels, but they are smarter than the sunflowers – they left for the winter a long time ago!

Thanks guys for looking/commenting.
 
Whoa!! Is that a flower in your shot?!! lol Poor flower had to be grown in Canada!! That is sad.
LOL! It's a sunflower, and she looks very much at home here ;)

By the way, I've figured out your trademarked flower-shooting trick. (No, I'm not going to tell you how you do it but I will tell you it's VERY clever.)
Is that right?!! I do believe a PM is in order.....lol
And I call BS...:sexywink:
 
Frickin' LOVE this!

And contrary to popular opinion, I like the DOF. :sillysmi:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom