Winter sun

ThomThomsk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
92176710_1fbfc223dc_o.jpg

92179982_39a8c21fed_o.jpg

I like #1 here. It really makes me feel like I'm inside a group of trees and looking out into the bright light. Good job!

Ahhh. The intense gold of the sun setting in winter on an icy cold day (at least that is what we had yesterday here: frosty day with clear blue sky and a wonderfully golden sunset!)

Is it icy cold with you then?
The first gives off a warmer feeling than "icy cold" - no frost on the leaves that lie on the ground. The first (wonderful!) photo gives me more of an autumn feeling.

Thank you both! These are both scanned from Fuji Sensia slides, and were taken in December about 500 metres from my house. We often go for a walk in the forest on a Sunday morning, and it was pretty cold, but the frost had gone by the time we got out there.

Winter makes it so much easier to capture the light when it is at its best, without having to drag yourself out of bed at some un-Godly hour!

Thomsk

ThomThomsk said:
Winter makes it so much easier to capture the light when it is at its best, without having to drag yourself out of bed at some un-Godly hour!

Teehee :biggrin: - so true! :biggrin:

Be it 3am or 6am, both is ungodly ;-)

Nice pictures, I like the lighting, especially in #1.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back