What's new

Winter Trees (for C&C)

rlemert

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 8, 2011
Messages
469
Reaction score
105
Location
Raleigh, NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found this interesting frost pattern on my bathroom window during the last cold spell here in North Carolina a couple of weeks ago. The pattern kind of reminds me of a tropical forest. The first one is not a crop of the second, but a separate close-up exposure. Both have had their brightness and contrast boosted quite a bit. This window faces east, and the shots were taken just before sunrise (and quite some time before my body realizes it's awake).

Suggestions on 1) how to take shots under these conditions in the first place, and 2) how I might process the shots I did get, will be greatly appreciated.


WinterTreesCloseUp by Rich1760, on Flickr




WinterTreesFull by Rich1760, on Flickr
 
I'd say #1 is done. Print it and frame it.
 
sitting on the toilet with the camera. Now that is dedication!!

like the first one.
 
That pattern is AMAZING.

I think the first is the better of the two, but I would straighten out the long vertical sticky things whose name eludes me at the moment... mullions?
 
That is awesome. Just make sure not to turn the camera the other way in there...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom