winterscape painting like?

joseph

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.traveling-images.com
Yellowstoneinstitute.jpg

The idea was to make the photo look like a painting, comments? is there too much white foreground? Thanks.

I don’t see problem with the white foreground, IMO because of the grass in the lower right corner helps with that.

What I don’t like is that the front of the farmhouse being cut off, this is from the upper ward looking angle, I would thy cropping to top 2/3 of the left haft

I would like to see more detail in the main building. And I would be too worried over Main-Subject contention to include any more of the roof top at the right of the main building. I think that roof top helps to create the lead-in line from th right margin to the main subject. Other than lack of detail in the main subject, you have created a nice Christmas card--even a wall hanger!

My first reaction to cropping would be to crop everything from the clump of shrub at the end of the rail fence. But overall the photo works for me just the way it is. You did good.

rebel

I just love this shot. It's so sweeping and romantic. I'd only suggest a crop from the bottom left, there's not much going on there. Keep the shrub in the right-hand bottom corner, it's balancing. Crop from there.

What an image! :D

Most reactions

Back