Wire Dude Back to the Beginning

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Since Wire Dude got so much love we went back today and started at the beginning.

This is WD finding where he came from... and so it begins.

Would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for taking a look :)

Cute concept! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do w/ this.

Have you ever seen this guy's work?: Bent Objects

I've followed his blog for quite a few years now,and he's become quite popular, even got a couple of books published.
His stuff is nearly all wire based, and shows a wicked sense of humor. Quite inspiring. :D

EDIT: Oh, by the way--be sure to go back to some of the older stuff, like 2008 and 2009. Terry's gotten so popular and otherwise occupied with marketing his stuff, he doesn't have time to post nearly as much.

Last edited:
Thanks Mishele :) Me too! lol

Thanks for the link Sharon, it's a new one for me :) I didn't really look around much before diving in with Wire Dude. I kinda wanted it to come from us to start instead of being influenced by someone else's work if that makes sense at all ;)

Thanks Mishele :) Me too! lol

Thanks for the link Sharon, it's a new one for me :) I didn't really look around much before diving in with Wire Dude. I kinda wanted it to come from us to start instead of being influenced by someone else's work if that makes sense at all ;)

Makes perfect sense--I've been a fan of this guy since well before I got back into photography on such a serious level, so for me it's more about his humor and excellent execution.
But to be honest, as much as I love his stuff, it's probably why *I* have never tried doing any wire creations to photograph. I'm too familiar with his and I think I'd just be trying to carrying on in a similar vein.

Only ladies here?
You've done a great job, I had no idea this photo is yours, I saw this photo in my facebook news feed and thought Oh that's just some Stock Image shared for Illustration of your thoughts. But that photo is yours, awesome!
I still remember the lines too, it was something like, Wire dude trying to find his origins or something like that! :p

Only ladies here?
You've done a great job, I had no idea this photo is yours, I saw this photo in my facebook news feed and thought Oh that's just some Stock Image shared for Illustration of your thoughts. But that photo is yours, awesome!
I still remember the lines too, it was something like, Wire dude trying to find his origins or something like that! :p

Haha, just the ladies running into each other around lunchtime ;)

Thanks Sarmad :) Being mistaken for a stock photo is cool!!

it's probably why *I* have never tried doing any wire creations to photograph. I'm too familiar with his and I think I'd just be trying to carrying on in a similar vein.

Yes, I tend to do this with most things I try. I know they have been done before, and many done to death, but I don't want to see what's possible I want to find out on my own :) More often than not there are "happy mistakes" along the way that take me down a totally different path than I set out to take. If I had an idea of what is possible already in my head I think I'd tend to simply try to recreate it and that would suck imho ;)

Keep it up,these are cool!

Awesome,,, is the WD-40 years old, :)

Hey Judi, I've got a name for you: Slim. Or Twisty. But who knows, I've never met a wire with so much personality.

From what I can see I don't think wire dude will be able to take the heat.. ;)

Keep it up,these are cool!

Thanks Rotanimod and Laynea :)
Awesome,,, is the WD-40 years old, :)
Thanks IceCanAm :) Haha! I'll ask him ... but you just gave me a great idea... After we played in the rain he got a bit rusty, I'm going to give him a little coat of something to keep him in shape ;)
Hey Judi, I've got a name for you: Slim. Or Twisty. But who knows, I've never met a wire with so much personality.
Great names Paul! He hasn't told me his name yet but he said he would show me so time will tell ;)
From what I can see I don't think wire dude will be able to take the heat.. ;)
lol Now now Rick, lets eeeeease him into this, don't want to scare the little fella off right out of the gate ;)

Most reactions

Back