What's new

Wire E. Dude Went to the Mountains

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some shots from a trip to the mountains ;)

I'm very curious about the colour shot as well as the one shot from behind him wearing the hat. The reason for the hat is when I shoot him from behind he looks like he's still lookin' at ya because you can see through his head lol. Trying to find a solution to be able to use that angle shooting him.
As for the colours, I like them in this one but not sure about continuity... probably just over thinking it ;)

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!!





































Not sure about the left side of this one...


 
I like him with the hat. I wonder if he's cold without the scarf though!
Love the sun over the distant mountains.
 
Thanks Oldhippy and Squirrels :)


Squirrels, we tried with the scarf and hat and it was just too much stuff and Gauge said he'd tough it out for me ;)
 
Cool series! The angles are good, but I think you need just a little more light on him to separate him from the rock he's sitting on. His butt and the rock are a bit too dark.
 
Does your husband know you are going out?? Fun shot
 
Haha Mully, unfortunately neither Gauge nor I are particularly good at hiding the evidence lol

Cool series! The angles are good, but I think you need just a little more light on him to separate him from the rock he's sitting on. His butt and the rock are a bit too dark.

Thanks John, I took your suggestion and lit him up with a warm work light that I borrowed from Mr. Rabbit and boy did it change things, he went from the mountains to the ocean side!
This is a great side effect of playing with Gauge, I get to learn lighting along the way! :)

 
I like this lit version except for the thing on the left. Maybe crop it out or pan over some to exclude it.
 
Thanks Rick, I believe we got shots without the castle but only processed the one so far, I'll post a couple more tomorrow, the extra light ones are pretty cool!
 
Of this set, I like the first one the best. The pose is great, and there is enough "suggestion" to allow us to make them into cliffs and Alps. I do agree that some separation of tone between Gauge and the rocks he's sitting on would probably enhance the shot. The colour shot is, to my mind, less effective, because while it introduces colour, the colour does not help us see more. In this kind of image, keeping it simple and allowing the viewers' minds to create the scene make the most sense to me. Again, wonderful to see the process of discovery with your little man.
 
Thanks Paul, thanks for your thoughts! I tend to agree with you, I do like the colour but I'm not sure it "fits" I did take a few with more light yesterday so I will convert them to B&W today and see what we ended up with :)
 
Fwiw, imho the background is so blurry it looks fake, especially in 1,2,3. I wonder how it would look with a bit better dof? Also, the main character (while a very cool idea) just suffers a bit from too little texture, detail, etc. Hard to tell the emotion, pose, you're trying to get across. How small is he in real life? Would using thicker wire help bring out detail? What if you put clothes on him so that only his hands, head, feet are exposed? I wonder if that would do anything. Just throwing stuff out there from the top of my head. lol...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom