Wireless Flash Sync issues

Verticalways

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone I am not sure if this is the correct place to be posting this question...

I just purchased a: Cowboy Studio NPT-04 4 Channel Wireless Hot Shoe Flash Trigger Receiver ([ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002W3IXZW/ref=oss_product"]Wireless Hot shoe receiver and trigger[/ame]) and am trying to get them to work with 2 PROFESSIONAL STROBE LIGHTING UMBRELLA KITS FOR PHOTO STUDIO PHOTOGRAPHY ([ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AV73NU/ref=oss_product"]STROBE LIGHTING[/ame]) however it seems I can't get it to sync correctly.

I own a D5000 and it does not have pc sync that can connect from the strobe to the camera - so I attached both strobes to two different receivers and a triggers (it works because when i tested it both lights went off when i pressed the test button from the wireless receiver on the strobes, both flashed in sync).

However I can not seem to get my d5000 camera too get the strobes to flash when taking a photo... I tried looking at the manual to see if there is anything I need to change in the camera however it doesn't state whether I do or not. I have also tried it in every scene possible, including manual however still nothing.

In dire need of help! Thank you in advance!

Put the camera in manual, shutter speed to your camera models flash sync (~1/200), transmitter on hot shoe.

Balance flash power and f setting for proper exposure.

Cheers, Don

Don's advice is spot on. Having tried these cheap & nasty triggers, a couple of thoughts: Check and make sure that the contacts on the bottom of the trigger are actually touching the hot-shoe contacts on your camera. Even if they are all touching my experience is that at best you will get them to work 3-4 times out of every 5 attempts.

If PWs aren't in the budget, consider the V2 Cactus Triggers; still economy, but a great improvement most of the other cheapies.

Don's advice is spot on. Having tried these cheap & nasty triggers, a couple of thoughts: Check and make sure that the contacts on the bottom of the trigger are actually touching the hot-shoe contacts on your camera. Even if they are all touching my experience is that at best you will get them to work 3-4 times out of every 5 attempts.

If PWs aren't in the budget, consider the V2 Cactus Triggers; still economy, but a great improvement most of the other cheapies.

I have the same problems with my Cactus triggers. They fire when i hit the test button but only ever so often when the camera is supposed to fire the triggers. I would suggest getting a PC adapter for your hotshoe and getting a PC cord. Or saving up and getting PW's or Cybersyncs.

Are you using the original CTs or the V 2? From what I understand they're much improved over the original.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i have a set of ctr-301p's these things have NEVER misfired or missed a shutter, they work PERFECTLY every time, i highly highly recommend them. I also have a d5000 and u can shoot up-to 1/250th of a sec with manual flash. The ctr's can also be used with optical flash, although i havent tried this method nearly as much, i use the wireless function alot more. The only downside is the battery type they take, its those hard to find cr123's or something similar

Most reactions

Back