Wireless Flash Unit

cbay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.desigzgallery.com
I currently have a flash for my hotshoe on my Fuji S7000, and was looking at the wireless flash units avalible on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3860&item=7530690634

What do you think of that, you recon that is a reasonable purchase as i wont use it constantly.. But the only problem is i cannot find the additional hotshoe with the 1/8" socket anywhere, any1 know where i could get one?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Most slave flash units will also trigger from your camera's flash so you won't really need to get one of these. The major purpose for this sort of unit is so that just anybody with a flash won't make your slave flash fire when you don't want it to.

As for the hot shoe, check out adorama, B&H or Freestyle. We have links on all the pages.

The slave flashes you are talking about are very unreliable, this radio slave unit is amazing, unless you are going to be shooting very far away from the flash this is defiantly as good as the pocket wizards. I have one with two receivers and they are defiantly worth the money. Whatever you do, don’t get the light cell slave units because, to put it bluntly, they are pooh.

will turner said:
The slave flashes you are talking about are very unreliable, this radio slave unit is amazing, unless you are going to be shooting very far away from the flash this is defiantly as good as the pocket wizards. I have one with two receivers and they are defiantly worth the money. Whatever you do, don’t get the light cell slave units because, to put it bluntly, they are pooh.

Actually, I shoot with a hensel lighting kit using them as slave units and just bump down my on camera flash to a manual 1/16 power and usually around an f8 1/500th on manual, adjusting the flashes to suit what I need them for when I shoot weddings...which I do professionally...and they work great for me. I've never had it fire when I didn't want it to and it keeps people out of my way when I'm shooting because it overexposes their pictures reaaaally fast.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back