Vintage Crown Pro Studio Strobes / Flash Unit X 2 and Stands X 3

ShaneF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$kijiji ad.JPG

Saw these posted today and they caught my attention, I dont know anything about studio lighting so can someone give me some information if they would be any good. At the leaset 3 sturdy Manfrotto light stands isnt a bad deal.

Vintage Crown Professional Studio Strobes / Flash Units X 22 - Crown Pro Flash Units V = 110 A = 33 - Manfrotto light stands2 - Barn door attachments (Crown – Bright Photo Ind Corp)1 – Osram Halogen Photo Optic Lamp1 – Sync cord (short)Wood storage caseSolid professional lighting system – vintage. All items are complete and in working order definitely show signs of use.Purchased system 5 years ago. Used twice a year for fundraising photo shoots. Easy to use – great first time studio purchase.Paid $300, asking $200link to the ad
Vintage Crown Pro Studio Strobes / Flash Unit X 2 and Stands X 3 | cameras, camcorders | Belleville | Kijiji

Last edited:
Wow, the Google knows nothing. Interesting find. Out of curiosity I searched google and only found posts by other people like yourself trying to figure out what to do with/about their Crown VS 202 monolights. One point brought up that I hadn't even thought about would be capacitors. If those lights haven't been fired off in a while the capacitors could fail.

Thats a good point and like i said i know nothing about studio lighting, what a good wattage is and such.

Last edited:
Personally I would pass on these. The few referenced I found dates them some time in the early/mid 80's. If one blows a capacitor, can you get it fixed? Likely not. Can you get modifiers for them? Who knows.

yeah i talked myself out of the lights and tried to just buy the stands but they dident want to split it up.

Thanks for the input

How big a deal is it to get things shipped to you from Adorama or B&H? You can get a two light kit from Interfit, Impact, or Flashpoint for a decent price if shipping isn't too bad. I looked into an Interfit two light kit at both B&H and Henry's and it was almost twice as much at Henry's. Goodness.

I just bought a bought a bunch of stuff from adorama, some light stands umbrellas and such and im trying to get a hold of their customer service because 2 of the items are back ordered and they wont ship till its all there. I want them to ship what they have now and ill pay for shipping on the other items later. no reply from the yet.

scroll to the bottom to see what i bought
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/lighting-hardware/359117-putting-together-strobist-kit-help.html

i dont really need the mono lights i just thought it might be a good deal to play around with at home. I find Henry's to be a bit over priced compared to others too.

I am restoring a pair of Crown Pro Studio Strobes VS-302 They seem to be working fine and I have a lot of light modifiers that make them a good addition to the studio. However, I need to replace one modelling lamp and can't read the writing on the one that remains. I can see that it is 100W 120V and my guess is that it is one of CDS / CDX / CDD / BA15S can anyone confirm what modelling lamp was the OEM lamp? Does anyone have a manual?

Attachments

• Crown SV-302.png
    Crown SV-302.png
    439 KB · Views: 4

Most reactions

New Topics

Back