Wireless remote - multiple bodies

Lightsped

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am trying to do some bird photos. Have a camera setup outside my front door on a tripod. Need a wireless remote. Also, is it possible to have the remote trigger multiple cameras at the same time? Bodies in use are: D800, D7000, and D3100.

Which remote is the best and easiest to setup? Will wireless be able to be triggered from the other side of a door/wall?

Buy a Vello Shutterboss Wireless. You'd have to buy 3 to trigger all three bodies, but it's a great little remote.

Jake

Vello Wireless ShutterBoss Timer Remote RCW-N1 B&H Photo Video

P.S., I've dropped my remote in a tide pool (fully submerged, mind you) TWICE and this damned thing still works (the wireless bit is fried, but damn it's awesome!)

How easy or difficult is it to sync these to the camera? Is it done in the body's menu or done through the remote? Will these work with all of these? D3100, D7000, and D800.

How easy or difficult is it to sync these to the camera? Is it done in the body's menu or done through the remote? Will these work with all of these? D3100, D7000, and D800.

I have that same remote as Jake in the Pixel brand and you just set the channel you want it on then when you press the trigger on the handheld remote everything on that channel fires. The receiver sits in the hotshot of each camera and has a cord that goes to it's respective input on each camera whether that be a 10 pin connection or a usb connection. It's a RF remote so it works at a long distance and will work through a wall. I have used it on my D7000 and as soon as I get the 10 pin cable will be using it with my D800. I'm sure it will work with the D3100 also.

I have found that Nikon support online chat are quite good at answering that type of question, i.e., will this unit work with all of my cameras.

The remote operates on radio frequency, channels 1-99. I haven't tried it, but if you put a receiver on each and set it to the same channel I'd assume it'll fire both. Also, the remote I linked is a hell of a lot cheaper than Nikon's one. And is just as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will this work? I just need a solution that allows me to activate the shutter from inside my house. I'll be standing just inside my door. Nikon ML-L3

That will have to be line of site (IR). Doesn't say it's compatible with D3100 or D800. If you want to reliably fire the shutter then use radio frequency.

edit: reliably fire 3 camera's at once through whatever.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back