What's new

Wireless Remote shutter release

Rafal

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 28, 2011
Messages
52
Reaction score
1
Location
Chicago
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Canon Rebel XSI and I'm looking to buy a remote for the shutter release. Some people are saying that the IR remotes are better and some preffer the Radio wave ones. I understand that the major difference is the IR remotes have to be in front of the camare and RF don't but besides this is there any other difference such as response time etc.? what brands do you recommend?
 
Last edited:
hello Don
 
Hello :)

I should add, the radio remote is much more useful... it will trigger the shutter from anywhere.

Cheers, Don
 
thank you for the addition :)

any brands in mind Don? I've been seeing people raving about Cactus? Is Vivitar a better brand?
 
The link to Gadget Infinity I provided is for the Cactus brand, I have no experience with Vivitar..

The only problem I had with the Cactus is over the period of a summer I experienced a loose wire from the receiver hanging off the back of the camera.

I installed some velco on the side of the camera and it still works to this day....

Ordering was straight forward (paypal) and I received the unit in less than two weeks.

Cheers, Don
 
thanks for the help Don
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom