Wireless shutter release that doesn't need hotshoe mount?

GrantH

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can anyone point me to a wireless shutter trigger that doesn't need a hotshoe mount and will work in bulb mode as well as timer and instant?

I have seen people talk about the RC-1 which I believe is discontinued.

All of this is for a T1i, if it matters.

I didn't see any of that link, but I have looked at BH today for them.

I have seen wireless ones that have hotshoe (maybe they are coldshoe?) attachment points. Are these simply an easy place to securely mount them?

I thought I see one on that link, the Velo is set up to work wireless with the camera... it said it would work with T1i I didn't see anything about a shoe mount, it's only 6$. If they don't make something they should, just like a wireless mouse plug in side and remote trigger.

There are some wireless trigger devices that can be used to trigger either a remote camera, or a remote flash.

For example, the Pocket Wizard Plus II is a transceiver unit that can be used to trigger either a camera or a flash/strobe. When the unit is used as a flash transmitter, it can be put onto the hotshoe of the camera. But if it's being used to trigger a remote camera, it does not need to be in the hotshoe (although, that might be a handy place to put it).

So for something like the Yongnuo RF-602 which is in its most basic form a "Pocket Wizard" type device, mounting it on the shoe to trigger the shutter is simply a "ease of placement" type deal? I want to say yes as I saw pictures of them on mono lights just dangling, though it was not the camera side of things obviously.

The only use of the 'shoe' on these things, is when it's being used to trigger a flash. The camera's hotshoe doesn't take any input for triggering the shutter, nor is it used to power a device.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back