Wireless Trigger for Canon

Derek Zoolander

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw this on instructables: Remote shutter trigger for Digital Cameras

I dont have my camera with me, but how does this hold down the shutter button for you?

If you guys think this is worth a shot, I'd do it.

Otherwise, any recommendations for a frugally priced Wireless Remote Trigger?

Wireless shutters work well. I bought an early one for my old 20D when they were much more expensive! Still works well.

i bought a wireless remote off ebay for like $5-works great! it does eat up batteries pretty fast, but other than that, no complaints.

Are the Cactus unites of good quality? I'm also looking at the V2 remote strobe setup. Their prices seem too good to be true. $30?

I'm also looking at the V2 remote strobe setup. Their prices seem too good to be true. $30?

I just ordered some last night, planning on doing the mod to extend the distance. Figured I couldn't beat it for $50. They will probably only be used once or twice a month.

There are a few long thread on here about those cactus triggers. They work alright but I still have consistency issues with mine.

Are the Cactus unites of good quality? I'm also looking at the V2 remote strobe setup. Their prices seem too good to be true. $30?
The quality of the units vary greatly and some people get winners and some people get losers. I know people who have had really good performance from them and can't say enough about them (even some professional free lance photographers). I also know a few people who had some choice words to say about really high miss-fire rates even if they were standing right next to the strobes...their Cactus triggers ended up in the trash and replaced by PocketWizard Plus IIs, Elichrom Skyports or AlienBees CyberSyncs.

So I guess it's the luck of the draw with the Cactus triggers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back