Wireless trigger

maulrat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have an XTi and wanting a remote trigger for my camera. I am sick of getting the photo setup, then running, jumping, sometimes climbing over big rocks within 10 seconds just to be in the picture. Do you have a remote trigger for your Rebel? I have seen the RC1 on Amazon for $22 and its a great deal. Should I get this RC1 or do you, or someone you know, have a better quality 3rd party remote? Thanks for your advice.

I will need it for taking photos of me in it, as well as, bracket photo sets and bulb shutter shots.

I don't know of any 3rd party remotes. I've been through 2 RC1 remotes. Both have broken on me after one drop on the floor.

Some forum members suggest this in the past.

I believe RC1 is a infra-red remote, so the remote need to be in front of the camera. In other words, if you want to use it when you have the camera on the tripod to take a picture without pressing the shutter button on the camera (avoid camera shake), you need to find a way to position the RC1 in front of the camera.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Good point Dao. I will be using the remote more often to avoid camera shake than self photos.

I have the RC1 and find it very useful!! Especially for self portraits, it's range is limited though. Here is another option that only costs a few dollars more and well worth every penny! I have heard it works great and if I have seen it first would have definately bought it instead. This remote uses radio signals instead of infra-red so it increases the distance and you are now able to take shots behind the camera instead of having to be in the line of sight of the IR sensor on the camera.

http://www.procameragear.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/424

I believe RC1 is a infra-red remote, so the remote need to be in front of the camera.

That's not entirely true..I've bounced off of walls and ceilings before :)

Last edited:
I just purchased this remote on ebay about 5 minutes ago. I will let you all know how it works out after I get it and try it out. Thanks all for your help.

$30 bucks including shipping on ebay. The photo is the link to the ad.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Anxious huh? The one I posted is rated at 320 ft. :)

Anxious huh? The one I posted is rated at 320 ft. :)

hehe, yeah I am anxious. I know the one you posted could reach 3x further but it also was going to cost me nearly $10 more after shipping charges. I think that 100 feet is plenty enough distance from the camera for me. Another thing was that the remote you posted was going to ship from New Jersey as oppose to Texas. I'm in Cali and it would probably take longer to get a shipment to me from NJ. But you can pat yourself on the back though for giving me the idea of getting a radio remote instead of an infrared remote. :)

hehe, yeah I am anxious. I know the one you posted could reach 3x further but it also was going to cost me nearly $10 more after shipping charges. I think that 100 feet is plenty enough distance from the camera for me. Another thing was that the remote you posted was going to ship from New Jersey as oppose to Texas. I'm in Cali and it would probably take longer to get a shipment to me from NJ. But you can pat yourself on the back though for giving me the idea of getting a radio remote instead of an infrared remote. :)

haha..thanks for explaining yourself lol..that's understandable though..if I would have taken longer I would have most likely purchased that radio remote, but I needed the remote a.s.a.p. so I had to purchase it from Ritz/Wolf camera. It's funny because I didn't end up using the remote when I wanted!!! it started raining and I didn't want to risk my camera getting wet (I was going to take some pictures of fireworks).

*pats myself on back* haha

hi,it looks good,but i have bought remote and trigger from other seller on ebay, link-delight,also great,haha

ok, just got this in the mail yesterday and haven't done a distance test yet. But... I was very, VERY pleased when I tried a "through the wall" test. I setup my camera on a tripod in my bedroom. I then proceeded into the living room and out of my apartment, closing all the doors behind me. I was so happy that I could still use my remote trigger to autofocus and shoot even when through 2 walls with about 30 feet away. I doubt that I could do that with the Canon RC1 infrared trigger.

Next post, I will test distance. I will setup camera on tripod on the side walk, then walk away to certain distances, autofocus and take photos of myself. Of course I will have an assistant next to my camera with a walkie-talkie for secutiry purposes, hehe

I just got an RF-N3 remote for my Nikon ... works a charm!
You can use it as a wireless remote with a range of about 30 yards, or a wired remote like an old fashioned cable release if you don't use the transmitter.
I am in Toronto, but here is the link into one of the local stores ....
Works great on my camera... they make them for other brands also
Good Luck

http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/st...rtmentId=10407&categoryId=10448&itemID=192904

Most reactions

Back