Wireless Trigger

toms

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I have a question:

I own sony's alpha 200 and HVL-F20AM flash.

From what i know this flash works wirelessly only with alpha 900, so I want to know-

Somebody knows If I would buy a wireless trigger for this flash would it work (wirelessly)?

If it should work, I will be glad if someone could recommend about one.

If not, what can I do to make it wireless?

Thank U,

Tom ;)

Cybersyncs are the best value hands down.

Using a wireless trigger is going to be a little different than using Sony's wireless system (assuming Sony works like Canon & Nikon).

With the camera's system, the remote flash works just like it does while on the camera...automatic flash metering etc.
But when you use a simple radio trigger device, all you can do is trigger the flash. So the flash must be fired in manual mode and you have to figure out the exposure/metering yourself.

Also, I think that Sony's flashes have a slightly different hotshoe than most models, so if you use a trigger with a hotshoe, you might need an adapter.

i'm sorry for hijacking your thread, i just have one fast question and i don't wanna bother anyone with a whole topic because of a simple question and answer.

- i broke my cheap ebay triggers receiver yesterday and i found a separate receiever on ebay but it's not exactly the same model, probably not even company.. but i'm thinkint it would still sync with the transmitter, or wont it? do i have to buy exactly the same set or can i do with another receiver?

There is an inexpensive wireless trigger that I've heard great reviews.
It runs off the 2.4GHz band. Don't remember the brand right now.
It was on eBay for like $50 per set.

by the way, just ordered the blazzeo wireless triggers for the second time now (it will cost me 15€, around 20$?) and they always work, like a charm.

Most reactions

Back