Wish I had my camera with me...

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Every day for the last 4 days. I've passed several owls and hawks hanging out on electrical wires and I don't have my camera with me to take the image. :gah:

What shots have YOU missed because you didn't have your camera with you?

Bring it tomorrow and I'm sure they won't be there. Just the way it is sometimes.

I try VERY hard to never think in those terms. Instead, I remind myself that sometimes, God wants me to quit concentrating on "getting the shot" and focus on enjoying the moment. Honestly, sometimes I think He purposely puts drop-dead gorgeous scenes in front of me when I *don't* have my camera so that all I can do is sit and enjoy.

I will admit though, last July, on my birthday, my sister and I went on a photo shoot. This was just before I got my D5100, so all I had was a point-and-shoot, and part of my birthday present was getting to spend a day using her D90. Well, we found several great spots and got some nice photos. All day long, though, we kept "just missing" the blue herons that were in the area. We'd see one while we were driving from one place to the next, or they would fly off as we pulled up.
The next-to-last place we went, we were determined to get a photo of a heron. Got a couple of far away, not great shots...sat on the bank, and a spot kind of hidden, but where we could still see out over the water. And we waited. And waited. Cameras at the ready. And, being the ADHD people that we are, we began to discuss what variety of moss that was on the tree next to us. And so, the "swoosh" sound surprised us, and neither of us was quick enough to turn back around and fire off a shot, of the GIANT blue heron that was coming in for a landing, and literally nearly landing on top of us before it realized we were there. My sister got a poor shot of it flying off...but that picture of it coming straight at us would have been something!!

However, we were rewarded somewhat at our last stop of the day, when we found a blue heron along the shore line who did a photo session for us. He would change position, move just a little, but he never spooked and flew off and we were there taking photos of him for at least 15 minutes.

I try VERY hard to never think in those terms. Instead, I remind myself that sometimes, God wants me to quit concentrating on "getting the shot" and focus on enjoying the moment. Honestly, sometimes I think He purposely puts drop-dead gorgeous scenes in front of me when I *don't* have my camera so that all I can do is sit and enjoy. ..........

Wow I totally agree with you! Couple months ago when I would have classes in the morning I would have to leave my house around 6am just to get to class on time. Watching the sunrise with the thick fog due to the weather it would absolutely gorgeous because, I'm driving on side roads and on the left side is dark giving a gloomy look and the right side of the road looks like it's heaven. Instead of thinking to take a photo of it I would just put on nice tunes and enjoy the drive to school and think to myself "What a great way to start off the day".

I don't get to enjoy these moments becuase I'm driving past in my car and only get to see a glimpse of the owl for but a moment and then I'm gone.

I get the point though.

Although I had my gear with me, I saw a great shot last night. But........

.....given I was driving down the highway and looked up to see the longest single line of flying geese ever known in history, by the time I could have pulled over the shot was gone. I'll bet there was 250-300 geese all in one single line, not a V like you would normally see.

Most reactions

Back