Woah, D200 cheap!

shivaswrath

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't know if this is news or not, but $599 for a D200 from BestBuy?!!

If it didn't have such crappy noise levels above 1000 ISO, I'd be ALL over that. . .

I hope the D90 gets to that price point soon!

Seeing as the D40 went down to $300 before it departed, makes you wonder about some of these bodies at all. . .what was the D200 when it first came out, $3999?

Are you really surprised about price drops on electronic gear? It's been like that for years.. That's one thing I do like about my film cameras. My 50 year old cameras take pics that are just as good today as they were back then.

btw, the D200 sale is old news at this point, but as a D200 owner, I think it's well worth that price, even with the high iso noise issues.

the D200 start at $1800 so $599 is quite a deal. I got my D40 with 18-55 and 55-200 VR for $500 so these prices came down quite a bit.

wonder if the D700 will come down that much eventually?!

I don't see why not. It just takes the newer better featured cameras to come out and push the price down on old stuff... The D200 was released in 2005 for reference.

.....eventually?!
That's the operative word, isn't it? Of course it will eventually, but my guess is that the price will remain pretty consistant for the next two years, which has been the trend for Nikon and their releases. The D700 is a bit of an oddball because Nikon had to take a position to get back the ROI with the new sensor and the market for a $5K body is limited. The D300 body was a good choice to re-engineer for the larger sensor. This is why the D700 is still a good price at $2600, but can be found for less from reliable sources.

Are you really surprised about price drops on electronic gear? It's been like that for years.. That's one thing I do like about my film cameras. My 50 year old cameras take pics that are just as good today as they were back then.

btw, the D200 sale is old news at this point, but as a D200 owner, I think it's well worth that price, even with the high iso noise issues.
Kinda Random, But what kind of battery life do u get with your D200
By the time the D700 gets down to $599 there really wont be a reason for anyone to buy them because you can get something better that is newer, for the same or a bit less

If it didn't have such crappy noise levels above 1000 ISO, I'd be ALL over that. . .

I'm not too knowledgeable about Nikon bodies, but the D200's noise can't be that much worse than the D40's, can it? And, how often do you find yourself shooting above 1000?

If I shot an entry-level Nikon body, I'd be considering this deal.

I don't know if this is news or not, but $599 for a D200 from BestBuy?!!

If it didn't have such crappy noise levels above 1000 ISO, I'd be ALL over that. . .?

Supply and demand my brother. You have just commented on why it is so cheap. It's a bargain but you're still not buying it because it's outdated technology, so clearly it isn't cheap enough yet.

I love my D200 to bits but I wouldn't buy one today because it isn't a solid investment anymore.

Kinda Random, But what kind of battery life do u get with your D200

I haven't had the batteries die on me, but i've shot motorsports events, filling my 8gig card, a little over 400 pics (raw+'normal' jpg) and the battery icon still showed full bars. This was using the MB-D200 grip though.. I always recharge my batteries after an event like that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back