Woah.

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just went through my camera and deleted over 500 photos! Has anyone ever had any days like this?

I was in utter shock to see the memory card go from 1100+ to 586!:confused:

Mark

ahhh yes...my first photoshoot....my best friend was playing with the camera afterwards and hit one lucky button :confused::confused: I love my best friend but i thought i was gonna kill her. Everything was gone!

I just went through my camera and deleted over 500 photos! Has anyone ever had any days like this?

I was in utter shock to see the memory card go from 1100+ to 586!:confused:
Geez, how big is the memory card? Are you shooting in JPEG or RAW?

JPG Fine at 12.2 MP. 8GB Sandisk High Capacity (HC) card. I love it. Holds a TON of photos and HD videos taken by the D90.

Mark

+1 to that !

RAW all the way.

I dont, only because I dont have the processing software to edit it appropriately from RAW into JPG. I have NX2, but only for another 15 days, then my trial is up and Im out of RAW software.

Mark

I dont, only because I dont have the processing software to edit it appropriately from RAW into JPG. I have NX2, but only for another 15 days, then my trial is up and Im out of RAW software.
Ahhh...okay. What kind of editing software are you looking at? There are a few free RAW converters available (like RAWTherawpee) and lots of free photo editing software ranging from really simple edits (IrfanView, Picasa, etc...) to GIMP (freeware equivalent of Photoshop).

I have GIMP, but it keeps not working properly and has to shut off in the middle of editing. I think it has something to do with Vista, it never messed up before I got Vista. I really do want to get a copy of Photoshop. Would you recommend RAWTherapee for RAW conversions?

Mark

Cleanse it with FIRE!!! *grabs torch and pitchfork*

*ahem* Er, that really sucks. As long as you haven't written on the card again since then, all the photos are probably recoverable. You just need a program to actually go in and scan the "free space" in the file system for the data you lost.

If you get Photoshop, ACR is the way to go (unless you get LR2 as well). And Vista is...blasphemous.

I did it on purpose, I dont want to recover them. They were either duplicates from a burst or I noticed they were almost horrible photos from when I first started shooting. Its amazing how your photographic eye changes with experience. Im noticing much more intricate things now that make me hate some of the shots I originally liked. I guess its a good thing. Makes my photos overall get better.

Mark

Most reactions

New Topics

Back