Wolf Reserve (Part 1)

Nice stuff Anty. I really have to get out to that reserve at some point in time. I'm so jealous of you 3. Great shooting.

^^^ Oops! Sorry! It was a very last minute thing. On the long drive up there we talked about how much fun the Kensington Market meetup was....were your ears burning?

If you get the chance, do try to go. It's fascinating. Sunday seems to be feeding day (although that's not guaranteed). In the next few weeks the wolves will mate, and the info guy said it can get pretty nasty as they fight for the 'honour' of mating with the alpha female, so that might be worth catching.

It's my own fault for not visiting here more often. I'm happy for you though. What a great opportunity. I will certainly get out there at some point in time. Thanks for the tip on the upcoming mating season.

Sounds like you had a good time. The three of you should come out to Alberta :D

Ditto to that one. You should head out for the Stampede, then stick around for the meetup!

Now, about your photos (and may I mention that when you said 'I digress' your occupation completely shows through? :lol: Oops, back to the images), the intensity of #6 is fantastic. I would have never known these were taken through glass.

Edit: I just saw Airic's respone :D

The fur of those in Photo 4 is really really beautiful, don't you think so, too?
And Photo 2 shows that they are not quite the "cuddly dogs" they seem to be in some of the other pics here, eh? Don't mess with wolves, I should say.
As much as it may have been "photographer-unfriendly", all the glass you had to shoot through, it sure was visitor-friendly. ;)

And ultimately wolf-friendly, I should guess!!!

YAY
Airic's back :boogie:

The fur of those in Photo 4 is really really beautiful, don't you think so, too?
And Photo 2 shows that they are not quite the "cuddly dogs" they seem to be in some of the other pics here, eh? Don't mess with wolves, I should say.
As much as it may have been "photographer-unfriendly", all the glass you had to shoot through, it sure was visitor-friendly. ;)

And ultimately wolf-friendly, I should guess!!!
Corinna - they did indeed have beautiful fur! And in some poses they did look very cuddly....you just wanted to go out there and scratch their ears. But then when the food came along..... those thoughts quickly left my mind.

It was a very visitor friendly experience, for sure, and I think we all managed very well with taking pictures through the glass. Luckily it wasn't terribly busy, as bright clothing worn by other visitors and reflected in the glass could have been a big problem otherwise.

Thanks everyone for your awesome comments!!

^^^ That would be a good time, to get some nice contrast. The snow was good contrast too.

We need to rent a lodge and have a weekend party shooting wolves and drinking.
Eric
That would be a hoot!!
celb (8).gif

Most reactions

Back